 Administrative / General / 11925 (-20)
  Re: New poll: sexuality and Lugnet

In lugnet.admin.general, Pete White wrote: Snip (...) Snip What a great idea, I think I'll make a poll. (URL) (20 years ago, 22-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: New poll: sexuality and Lugnet

(...) And you would object less to this type of post-- (URL) mean, it really doesn't have to do with LEGO (except lessening the frequency of Tom's posts for a while)(1)... Considering what's going on in the world this very day, what with natural (...) (20 years ago, 20-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: New poll: sexuality and Lugnet

(...) I can't believe you people. I don't post often, I'm more of a reader, but for crying out loud, let's keep this site toy friendly. I don't care about anyone's orientation, I just want to read and see what people are doing with their creations. (...) (20 years ago, 20-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Unbelieveable! -- Re: New poll: sexuality and Lugnet

I've watched lugnet from before the beginning and CANNOT believe it has come to this. It's almost like a satire skit from latenight TV and I wouldn't have believed it without seeing it. Are there really not enough Lego-related topics/discussion (...) (20 years ago, 20-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: New poll: sexuality and Lugnet

(...) Says you. Apparently the admins disagree, since the .people group has been around for many years. Personally, I came to lugnet for the lego, I stayed for the people (and the MOCs) and the relationships I developed with people that I share a (...) (20 years ago, 20-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: New poll: sexuality and Lugnet

(...) For that matter, to notice that minifigs have gender is a sexual topic. I voted yes, on the other hand, because I think that sexuality colors everything that we humans do and think and should be fair game in every venue. Chris (20 years ago, 20-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: money for LUGNET

Hello! (...) Everything you ought to know is listed here: (URL) that helps! Jojo (20 years ago, 20-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

  money for LUGNET

(...) Hey, this reminds me... I owe LUGNET some money. If I paypal (to what addy?) does it go to Todd and get used and appreciated? Chris (20 years ago, 20-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: New poll: sexuality and Lugnet

(...) I just voted. I had to go with "Yes," because any time I mention my wife I am discussing my "personal identity as it relates to sexuality." Thanks to the new groups, I can put any wife-related antecdotes into the Couples group. Of course, I (...) (20 years ago, 20-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: New poll: sexuality and Lugnet

(...) OMG...I swore I'd stay out of this debate, but I've had ENOUGH. Bill, I guess I'm one of the people you're going to be disappointed in. Sexuality in this age isn't an issue (to me at least), but talking about it on a site dedicated to LEGO is. (...) (20 years ago, 20-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.general) !

  Re: Some facts about current events and a small opinion

(...) What happens if a gay AFOL posts there about Lego? Probably at least some of the people on those newsgroups will think it's silly to have Lego as a hobby. (20 years ago, 20-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Louisiana bans gay marriages

(...) Your were too fast on the trigger in forcing the followup to admin.general, Orion - my response above still pertains to the people.lgbt forum, so back it goes (otherwise readers will be mystified as to why I would mention adding a forum to the (...) (20 years ago, 20-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.people.lgbt)

  Skip-filter settings

Newsgroup Skip-Filter Settings This is a brief primer on newsgroup skip-filter settings, for those who read LUGNET newsgroups using the web interface. By default, the top-level newsgroup article listings give a comprehensive view of all messages in (...) (20 years ago, 20-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: New poll: sexuality and Lugnet

I am not disapproving of alternate lifestyles. I am disapproving the fact that I see no merit for that type of discussion to be on a LEGO topic site. Please prove me wrong by making use of the new group and stop flaming me. -Rob "Bill Ward" (...) (20 years ago, 19-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Louisiana bans gay marriages

(...) This isn't really strictly true; there are a lot of discussions in the .loc groups which have nothing to do with LEGO (for example, lodging, sightseeing, local politics), and pretty much anything and everything goes in the .org.xx.yyyyy groups (...) (20 years ago, 19-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Louisiana bans gay marriages

(...) Thanks for the information! There's lot of forums that I don't follow at all, but every now and then something comes up that I'm glad I caught, so I'm not sure I want to add anything to the skip-filter at the moment. However, this still leaves (...) (20 years ago, 19-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: New poll: sexuality and Lugnet

(...) This is a stupid poll. It's like "Have you stopped beating your wife?" Nobody's proposing any discussion of sex. The new newsgroup is a place for people who live a certain way, and who are also into Lego, to talk about their lives without (...) (20 years ago, 19-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Louisiana bans gay marriages

(...) Whatever occurs outside of 'off-topic' is supposed to be 'on-topic' to the focus of the site (LEGO). If this group itself is _not_ 'off-topic,' than all discussion should somehow revolve around LEGO. So far I haven't seen this thread tie in to (...) (20 years ago, 19-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Louisiana bans gay marriages

(...) We're talking about the same thing, the web based interface found here: (URL) OT and Admin groups are not blocked automatically by the system per se, that's just the default setting of your skip filter. If you look on the bottom of the main (...) (20 years ago, 19-Sep-04, to lugnet.people.lgbt, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: New poll: sexuality and Lugnet

(...) Rob's poll was very biased, so I took your advice, Todd. (URL) of course, that the LUGNET team can do what they want either way) ~Kevoh (20 years ago, 19-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.general) !

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact