 Administrative / General / 11921
Re: New poll: sexuality and Lugnet
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 20 Sep 2004 14:50:23 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Geoff Gray wrote:
   OMG...I swore I’d stay out of this debate, but I’ve had ENOUGH. Bill, I guess I’m one of the people you’re going to be disappointed in. Sexuality in this age isn’t an issue (to me at least), but talking about it on a site dedicated to LEGO is. If everyone wants to have their little get-together to discuss sex, or sexuality, or their spouse, or their kids, or their dog, or maybe the color of the new furniture they just bought, then feel free to trot on over to Yahoo, or AOL, or 1 of thousands of other places geared toward that. This site is for LEGO...PERIOD.

Says you. Apparently the admins disagree, since the .people group has been around for many years. Personally, I came to lugnet for the lego, I stayed for the people (and the MOCs) and the relationships I developed with people that I share a hobby with.

   I was appauled at the beating Jake took over the new colors, but at least that argument centered around Lego. Where’s the Lego in this argument? And as for being off-topic. What good does that do when 4 of the top 10 threads on the FRONT page are about this. This site has become so political that the next time I post a MOC (*if* I post anymore), I’ll have to post it into Off-Topic, since it pertains to LEGO.

Huh.. Strange this discussion didn’t take place in .castle or .space, it took place in the admin groups. Where the focus of discussion is supposed to be about this site and what’s going on here. (Side note, I agree that Jake took too much of a beating. I disliked the replacement colors, but tried not to blame Jake directly.) I also agree that these threads probably shouldn’t be in the Top Stories sidebars. I know people highlight/spotlight a post to show that they agree with it, but it would have been nice if this whole topic could have stayed in the admin groups.

-Jason

ps - Oh, and IMO that poll seemed very biased, so I didn’t vote, for lack of an appropriate choice.