 Administrative / General / 11916
Re: New poll: sexuality and Lugnet
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 20 Sep 2004 00:18:13 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

In lugnet.admin.general, William R. Ward wrote:

I would think in this day and age this shouldn't be such an issue.  I'm really
disappointed in (certain menbers of) the Lugnet community.  This shouldn't even
be controversial.

I'm glad Todd did the right thing.  But you should be ashamed.

--Bill.

OMG...I swore I'd stay out of this debate, but I've had ENOUGH. Bill, I guess
I'm one of the people you're going to be disappointed in. Sexuality in this age
isn't an issue (to me at least), but talking about it on a site dedicated to
LEGO is. If everyone wants to have their little get-together to discuss sex, or
sexuality, or their spouse, or their kids, or their dog, or maybe the color of
the new furniture they just bought, then feel free to trot on over to Yahoo, or
AOL, or 1 of thousands of other places geared toward that. This site is for
LEGO...PERIOD.

As for being ashamed. I am not. I am biting my tongue so I don't get censored,
but I guarantee you I am not ashamed for saying "the right thing". That is total
arrogance on your part (just as much as it's total arrogance on my part to say
what I did above. The only difference is my argument has technical
backing...Lego web site -> Lego topics)

I was appauled at the beating Jake took over the new colors, but at least that
argument centered around Lego. Where's the Lego in this argument? And as for
being off-topic. What good does that do when 4 of the top 10 threads on the
FRONT page are about this. This site has become so political that the next time
I post a MOC (*if* I post anymore), I'll have to post it into Off-Topic, since
it pertains to LEGO.