 Administrative / General / 11914
Re: Louisiana bans gay marriages
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.people.lgbt
Date:
Mon, 20 Sep 2004 00:11:59 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Bruce Schlickbernd wrote:
In lugnet.people.lgbt, Orion Pobursky wrote:

We're talking about the same thing, the web based interface found here:

http://news.lugnet.com/

The OT and Admin groups are not blocked automatically by the system per se,
that's just the default setting of your skip filter.  If you look on the bottom
of the main message scoll you might see a message like "Skipped X messages in
group X" and a link to the skip filter settings here:

http://news.lugnet.com/news/filter/

If you want to block lugnet.people.lgbt, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, or even
lugnet.technic.bionicle then you just add those group to your skip filter list.

Thanks for the information!  There's lot of forums that I don't follow at all,
but every now and then something comes up that I'm glad I caught, so I'm not
sure I want to add anything to the skip-filter at the moment.

However, this still leaves the question that those who wanted this forum may
still wish to have the default filter set to "skip", in addition to the question
of everyone else might wanting to have it placed on default-skip (the precedent
of default-skip has already been set).

-->Bruce<--

Your were too fast on the trigger in forcing the followup to admin.general,
Orion - my response above still pertains to the people.lgbt forum, so back it
goes (otherwise readers will be mystified as to why I would mention adding a
forum to the default skip filter when admin.general already is set to skip as a
default).

-->B<--