 Administrative / General / 11840 (-20)
  Re: Am I Not allowed to Post or not?

I too have suddenly started to have problems with the email auth. I post via SMTP, but my last two attempts failed - just never got the auth email. Never had a problem before, always get the email almost instantly. Shouldn't be any email routing (...) (20 years ago, 29-Aug-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

  (canceled)

  Re: Un-spotlight?

Sorry for the left (and wrong) "wrote" header, my previous post should be: I think un-voting is still a bad idea, even with a limited amount of votes this can already have an very adversary effect, see: (URL) that it is a clean voting process, (...) (20 years ago, 28-Aug-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Un-spotlight?

In lugnet.admin.general, David Eaton wrote: I think un-voting is still a bad idea, even with a limited amount of votes this can already have an very adversary effect, see: (URL) that it is a clean voting process, please don't try to adjust it in (...) (20 years ago, 28-Aug-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Linking org.fr.freelug

Todd, Larry, and all the others involved THANKS ;) In the name of FreeLUG, I can tell you this is a great news ;) Gael / Khan (20 years ago, 27-Aug-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Un-spotlight?

(...) I was really implying the number of votes, period. So if you see 3 cool MOC's you want to highlight, and 3 threads about politics you want to un-highlight, you can pick to highlight 2 MOCs and 1 politic thread, or all 3 politic threads, or (...) (20 years ago, 27-Aug-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Un-spotlight?

(...) I guess I was unclear on whether you were advocating a limitation on the number of "highlight" votes or on the number of "anti-highlight" votes per day. In general, though, I think the best solution (assuming we need one), is for more people (...) (20 years ago, 27-Aug-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Linking org.fr.freelug

(...) Thank you. Jason Spears | (URL) BrickCentral> | (URL) MichLUG> | (URL) CLB> (20 years ago, 27-Aug-04, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Un-spotlight? (was: suspended Bricklink shops)

(...) No, still bad. There will be the odd member that still uses his quota maliciously. And, as I explaned here: (URL) only took just such a similar limited amount of down-votes to disrupt the Lugnet Set Database ranking order severly. With (...) (20 years ago, 27-Aug-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Un-spotlight?

(...) IMHO that is exacly what has happenend here. Remember that it is a voting process, please don't try to adjust to archieve a result that's more in the line of your personal preferences. With friendly greetings, M. Moolhuysen. (20 years ago, 27-Aug-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Un-spotlight? (was: suspended Bricklink shops)

(...) That's a very good idea. As others have pointed out, it could cause trouble in other ways though. However, I think that if every member was given 5 Un-Spotlights to use per year, they would only use them when they thought it really mattered. (...) (20 years ago, 27-Aug-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Linking org.fr.freelug

(...) OK I think I am there... (...) Gave curatorship to Gael Frazier (...) Gave curatorship to Jason Spears (...) Gave curatorship to Adrian Egli and Mathew Clayson... Please advise of problems or concerns. (20 years ago, 27-Aug-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.curators, FTX)

  Re: Linking org.fr.freelug

(...) Curatorships to follow shortly. (20 years ago, 26-Aug-04, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Linking org.fr.freelug

All set. --Todd (20 years ago, 26-Aug-04, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Un-spotlight?

(...) Um. Why? The goal is really to prevent people from having enough votes to wily-nily vote down all posts by people they don't like, or something. Hence, if you've only got (say) 3 votes per day, it'll take you a *long* time to downvote someone (...) (20 years ago, 26-Aug-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Un-spotlight?

(...) OK, I also don't like my idea, but I think the spotlighting can be improved. I for one only spotlight if it's not already in the top stories list, maybe some others are the same. And since it seems to only take 3 or 4 spotlights to get there (...) (20 years ago, 26-Aug-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Un-spotlight?

(...) But for that to work you would need to have a large number of Lugnetters using the spotlight function a lot and maxing out their quota of spotlights. As it is, most people use the spotlight function very rarely, no-one reaches any reasonable (...) (20 years ago, 26-Aug-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Un-spotlight? (was: suspended Bricklink shops)

(...) I strongly object to this idea. Unfortunately it will be too tempting for certain people to systematicly denote other posts in an effort to get their own posting higher up the hierarchy. That such abject behavour exists within our community, (...) (20 years ago, 26-Aug-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Linking org.fr.freelug

(...) Actually make that three. About a month ago, I posted this message: (URL) requesting lugnet.org.us.clb Jason Spears | (URL) BrickCentral> | (URL) MichLUG> | (URL) CLB> (20 years ago, 26-Aug-04, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Linking org.fr.freelug (was loc.fr) and Freelug.general lists

(...) You can have as many emails registered as you like. When posting from the web, if you have cookies enabled, whatever email you last selected is the one that will appear in your post. To select a new (or revert to an older) email: (URL) admin (...) (20 years ago, 26-Aug-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact