 Administrative / General / 11826
Re: Un-spotlight?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 26 Aug 2004 22:35:37 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Bruce Hietbrink wrote:
In lugnet.admin.general, David Eaton wrote:
As I suggested long ago, I think, I much prefer the system devised by
Perlmonks, where you're limited to a certain number of posts per day, which
means you've got to think through which posts you want to rate.

But for that to work you would need to have a large number of Lugnetters
using the spotlight function a lot and maxing out their quota of spotlights.

Um. Why? The goal is really to prevent people from having enough votes to
wily-nily vote down all posts by people they don't like, or something. Hence, if
you've only got (say) 3 votes per day, it'll take you a *long* time to downvote
someone you don't like's posts. Makes you think about what you're going to vote.
And since it's rarely used now anyway, it's not a problem where people who
really needed it might easily 'run out' of votes.

[whoops! I said "limited to a certain number of POSTS per day", and meant VOTES,
maybe that's what you were referencing?]

DaveE