 Administrative / General / 11205 (-20)
  Search by Date

Is there a way to search for posts based on the date posted? For example, if I wanted to search for posts around May 6th, 2002, could I? ~Kevin Blocksidge (21 years ago, 25-Dec-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: annoyingly repetitive test of whether posting works

(...) I'm really sorry about that. I've got a script that runs once a minute and checks whether xinetd is running, and if it finds that it isn't, it restarts it. I installed this a couple months ago when we had the massive NNTP traffic -- it was (...) (21 years ago, 23-Dec-03, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: annoyingly repetitive test of whether posting works

In lugnet.off-topic.test, Larry Pieniazek wrote: <snip> (...) Very good sir Ed--I mean, Dave K (21 years ago, 23-Dec-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: annoyingly repetitive test of whether posting works

(...) These postings ARE repetitive, because I find myself posting here "to see if LUGNET is accepting posts" rather more frequently than I'd rather, because LUGNET is exhibiting "your post was not accepted, return code 0" behaviour rather more (...) (21 years ago, 23-Dec-03, to lugnet.off-topic.test, lugnet.admin.general)

  Incorrect text on "Who owns this set" screen

When I view the list of who owns a set, the following text is above the list: "The above list is informational only. Do not contact people ..." Shouldn't this read "The list below is informational only. Do not contact people ..."? Regards ROSCO (21 years ago, 22-Dec-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

  remove

Please remove this message: (URL) A (21 years ago, 15-Dec-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Geneva Convention

(...) I don't believe it belongs in .general either. I imagine it was an honest mistake, not a deliberate attempt to stir up controversy or circumvent the topic guidelines, although I could be wrong. LUGNET doesn't enable you to just pick up a post (...) (21 years ago, 15-Dec-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Password reset request

In the absence of a web-based passwrod reminder/reset function, can I request that my password be reset and mailed to my registered email address. Angus Looney Number #: 1661 (21 years ago, 14-Dec-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: password reset please

(...) Wondering if/when this will happen? Mike (21 years ago, 11-Dec-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Outlook Express problem

Hi all, Not sure this is the right newsgroup but I hope someone can help me with this. I'm just after installing WinXP Pro after using 98SE for some time. Outlook Express somehow doesn't like my subscription to lugnet. Every day all groups are gone (...) (21 years ago, 10-Dec-03, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Password Reset Request

Could I get my password reset please? I lost my cookie, and I can't remember it. My member number is 1957. -Stefan- (21 years ago, 9-Dec-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Question about posting

(...) Lessee if I can remember... I _had_ been staying logged in, and when I posted, I had to fill out name and e-mail, check the "I will give LUGNet my firstborn" box (or whatever it says). Plain or FTX worked fine. (I'm guessing that I hadn't (...) (21 years ago, 8-Dec-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Suggestion for member pages

Hi guys, Would it be a lot of work to add an extra page in the members section? Because of the length of the list it takes a while to download (even on a DSL connection). So why not add a selection for a first letter, so you only need to download a (...) (21 years ago, 8-Dec-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Question about posting

(...) Wow. I did not think there was any correlation whatever between whether your post uses FTX or not and your post approval or posting setup changes. Either posts work or they don't has always been my experience. Can you elaborate on what you (...) (21 years ago, 8-Dec-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Question about posting

I moved to a new computer at work, and re-ran the posting setup. Now when I post it won't accept FTX, but when I post in plain text, it's ok. I haven't received the e-mail back from the server - will this unsightly condition clear up then? Thanks, (...) (21 years ago, 8-Dec-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: The LEGO Racers theme should have its own newsgroup.

(...) Yup. I would also add that creating a .technic.racers subgroup is a BAD idea - Racers is in no way a subtheme of Technic, as many sets have nothing to do with Technic. (21 years ago, 6-Dec-03, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

FUT: lugnet.technic "Ray Sanders" <rsanders@svic.net> wrote in message news:HpGEq9.237B@lugnet.com... (...) Actually, it raises the question. Begging the question would be like saying "When is Lego going to stop retiring themes?!?" or "When did you (...) (21 years ago, 6-Dec-03, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  Re: The LEGO Racers theme should have its own newsgroup.

FUT: lugnet.admin.suggestions I have to agree. I just discussed something similar with the folks over at brickset.com - eventually they agreed. Even though it started as a subset of technic, it has expanded and is truly it's own Lego theme. Now all (...) (21 years ago, 6-Dec-03, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  Re: The LEGO Racers theme should have its own newsgroup.

(...) into a 'theme' of it's own based on the scale of the figs. I personally don't have a preference for or against a 'Racers' newsgroup, but this thread led me to this interesting minifig mulling. Jeff (21 years ago, 6-Dec-03, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  Re: The LEGO Racers theme should have its own newsgroup.

(...) Hey, wow, you know you are right! Our bad. ;) e (21 years ago, 6-Dec-03, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.suggestions)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact