 Administrative / General / 11187
Re: The LEGO Racers theme should have its own newsgroup.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Sat, 6 Dec 2003 04:42:35 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Mark Papenfuss wrote:
In lugnet.admin.general, Ray Sanders wrote:

Maybe. I think 'Racers' is a branding thing that LEGO has choosen to do. To
explain, sometime around the beginning of the 2002 set year, LEGO deleted the
Technic moniker from most (possibly all) set boxes. Various Bionicle sets, which
had 'Technic' prominently displayed in 2001, beginning with 2002 have only
'Bionicle'. Same with 'Racers', Technic in 2001, then only Racers in 2002. Also
noted the same change in Star Wars. I don't think these sets are any less
Technic beginning in 2002, just that they are no longer branded as such.

Even though Bionicle had the 'Technic' label once, it still has its own
newsgroup here. Plus most of the Racers sets are in no way Technic as pointed
out in another post in this thread. So IMHO 'Racers' MORE than deserves its own
newsgroup.

Mark P
http://www.landofbricks.com

'Racers' does have a unique 'mini-minfig' design. I notice a lot of stuff grows
into a 'theme' of it's own based on the scale of the figs.  I personally don't
have a preference for or against a 'Racers' newsgroup, but this thread led me to
this interesting minifig mulling.

Jeff