 Administrative / General / 11192
Re: Question about posting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 8 Dec 2003 18:50:38 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, James Wilson wrote:
I moved to a new computer at work, and re-ran the posting setup.  Now when I
post it won't accept FTX, but when I post in plain text, it's ok.  I haven't
received the e-mail back from the server - will this unsightly condition clear
up then?

Wow. I did not think there was any correlation whatever between whether your
post uses FTX or not and your post approval or posting setup changes. Either
posts work or they don't has always been my experience.

Can you elaborate on what you mean by "it won't accept" ?? are you getting the
return code 0 "your post was NOT accepted" message when you hit post, or is it
that you don't get a confirming email (or are you staying logged in to avoid
that?) or that when you reply to the confirming email it doesn't release the
post, or something else?

Thanks. Not sure that actually helped, but one can hope. I of course am merely a
user.

++Lar