 Administrative / General / 11199
Re: Geneva Convention
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 15 Dec 2003 15:36:34 GMT

In lugnet.general, James Trobaugh wrote:
   In lugnet.general, Scott Arthur wrote:
   From the BBC: Mr Rumsfeld said that Saddam Hussein was being accorded the privileges of a prisoner-of-war under the Geneva Convention although America was “not defining him as such”.

I’m pretty sure the Geneva Convention does not allow his medical examination to be televised.

For Rummy, having SH under his control must be like the “good old days”. ;)

Why is this in .general?

I don’t believe it belongs in .general either. I imagine it was an honest mistake, not a deliberate attempt to stir up controversy or circumvent the topic guidelines, although I could be wrong.

LUGNET doesn’t enable you to just pick up a post and move it(1), you must cancel and repost. Frank, Todd, or I would be happy to cancel any of the posts in the thread if the original poster but asks. (if, for example, they wished to repost in the proper place, or remove their query about the post once the original vanished or whatever)

1 - Unlike BrickLink which uses a different design, but which is somewhat less flexible overall