 Administrative / General / 11195 (-20)
  Password Reset Request

Could I get my password reset please? I lost my cookie, and I can't remember it. My member number is 1957. -Stefan- (21 years ago, 9-Dec-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Question about posting

(...) Lessee if I can remember... I _had_ been staying logged in, and when I posted, I had to fill out name and e-mail, check the "I will give LUGNet my firstborn" box (or whatever it says). Plain or FTX worked fine. (I'm guessing that I hadn't (...) (21 years ago, 8-Dec-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Suggestion for member pages

Hi guys, Would it be a lot of work to add an extra page in the members section? Because of the length of the list it takes a while to download (even on a DSL connection). So why not add a selection for a first letter, so you only need to download a (...) (21 years ago, 8-Dec-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Question about posting

(...) Wow. I did not think there was any correlation whatever between whether your post uses FTX or not and your post approval or posting setup changes. Either posts work or they don't has always been my experience. Can you elaborate on what you (...) (21 years ago, 8-Dec-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Question about posting

I moved to a new computer at work, and re-ran the posting setup. Now when I post it won't accept FTX, but when I post in plain text, it's ok. I haven't received the e-mail back from the server - will this unsightly condition clear up then? Thanks, (...) (21 years ago, 8-Dec-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: The LEGO Racers theme should have its own newsgroup.

(...) Yup. I would also add that creating a .technic.racers subgroup is a BAD idea - Racers is in no way a subtheme of Technic, as many sets have nothing to do with Technic. (21 years ago, 6-Dec-03, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

FUT: lugnet.technic "Ray Sanders" <rsanders@svic.net> wrote in message news:HpGEq9.237B@lugnet.com... (...) Actually, it raises the question. Begging the question would be like saying "When is Lego going to stop retiring themes?!?" or "When did you (...) (21 years ago, 6-Dec-03, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  Re: The LEGO Racers theme should have its own newsgroup.

FUT: lugnet.admin.suggestions I have to agree. I just discussed something similar with the folks over at brickset.com - eventually they agreed. Even though it started as a subset of technic, it has expanded and is truly it's own Lego theme. Now all (...) (21 years ago, 6-Dec-03, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  Re: The LEGO Racers theme should have its own newsgroup.

(...) into a 'theme' of it's own based on the scale of the figs. I personally don't have a preference for or against a 'Racers' newsgroup, but this thread led me to this interesting minifig mulling. Jeff (21 years ago, 6-Dec-03, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  Re: The LEGO Racers theme should have its own newsgroup.

(...) Hey, wow, you know you are right! Our bad. ;) e (21 years ago, 6-Dec-03, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  Re: The LEGO Racers theme should have its own newsgroup.

(...) Even though Bionicle had the 'Technic' label once, it still has its own newsgroup here. Plus most of the Racers sets are in no way Technic as pointed out in another post in this thread. So IMHO 'Racers' MORE than deserves its own newsgroup. (...) (21 years ago, 6-Dec-03, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  Re: The LEGO Racers theme should have its own newsgroup.

(...) I would say the answer is "no"... (URL) seems like they're just being more selective with using that title. -Paul D. (21 years ago, 6-Dec-03, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  Re: The LEGO Racers theme should have its own newsgroup.

(...) The Technic name still exists on the boxes of 2003 sets such as 8454, 8455, 8453, 8438 etc. Now, if ALL Racers sets were Technic flavored, there would be no point in having a separate newsgroup (just as there is no point to have a World City (...) (21 years ago, 6-Dec-03, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.suggestions, FTX)

  Re: The LEGO Racers theme should have its own newsgroup.

(...) Maybe. I think 'Racers' is a branding thing that LEGO has choosen to do. To explain, sometime around the beginning of the 2002 set year, LEGO deleted the Technic moniker from most (possibly all) set boxes. Various Bionicle sets, which had (...) (21 years ago, 6-Dec-03, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  Re: password reset request

(...) Is there any way I could get a reset before 2004? Please? (21 years ago, 6-Dec-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

  The LEGO Racers theme should have its own newsgroup.

Granted, many sets of theme are Technic flavored (those with mostly technic parts), and many are slighly Town flavored (those with a minifig, pull back motor and mostly bricks/plates). But the theme still hasn't got its own LUGNET newsgroup, and (...) (21 years ago, 6-Dec-03, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.suggestions) !

  Re: Who is in charge of what? (not a curator question)

(...) Thomas Garrison and I are data base administrators. Not sure who the others are. I believe there are other areas of administration that people other than Todd have. Frank (21 years ago, 5-Dec-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Who is in charge of what? (not a curator question)

(...) From the top of my head and not meant to be an exhaustive list (I agree that a consolidated list of people/things would be good) There are no moderators per se, because LUGNET is not a moderated system, posts only get cancelled (barring (...) (21 years ago, 5-Dec-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Who is in charge of what? (not a curator question)

Is there a page, list or anything that will tell us who is in charge of the different aspects of Lugnet, and what they can do? I know Todd has been looking to delegate some duties here, and I have no idea if he has or has not, and if he has then to (...) (21 years ago, 5-Dec-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Changing Email Addresses

(...) Hey Kevin, Thanks for the note--and no, I hadn't tried that, because of precisely what you mentioned. I had expected that there would be another way to do it but apparently there isn't! I must think over this. best LFB (21 years ago, 5-Dec-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact