 Administrative / General / 11178
Re: Who is in charge of what? (not a curator question)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 5 Dec 2003 20:15:58 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Mark Papenfuss wrote:
Is there a page, list or anything that will tell us who is in charge of the
different aspects of Lugnet, and what they can do? I know Todd has been looking
to delegate some duties here, and I have no idea if he has or has not, and if he
has then to who and what they can do.

Basically what I am looking for is a full Admin list - from the top (Todd) to
the catalog people, any 'mods' we have here.... basically anybody with any admin
or mod powers (not a list of curators, I know there is one of those).

It would be nice for the general public to know who to turn to if we needed
something.

From the top of my head and not meant to be an exhaustive list (I agree that a
consolidated list of people/things would be good)

There are no moderators per se, because LUGNET is not a moderated system, posts
only get cancelled (barring extreme emergency) if the poster requests a cancel.
Frank Filz and myself can do cancels on request, as can Todd.

You mentioned the curator list. Addition and removal of curators can be carried
out by Frank Filz and myself, as well as by Todd.

Currently I believe only Todd can reset passwords or administer new member IDs
but I think he's considering changes at least to password reset functinonality.

There are a number of set database administrators but I confess I am not sure
what the exhaustive list is.

Hope that helps.