 Administrative / General / 10445 (-10)
  Re: a few new things

Well, I don't want to come off as overly combative on this issue but I think Suz's design was fine and absolutely heading in the right direction. Keep in mind that the screen shot she posted first was a screen shot of her whole screen (the browser, (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jun-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Screwy email for Server

(...) But I did post via the web. Jude (22 years ago, 7-Jun-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Screwy email for Server

(...) yah, proper "vacation" programs should know not to respond to "bulk" mail. Unfortunately, some of the more common implementations are not so smart. (...) that is because that mail server (I think it's exchange?) does not reply to mail (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jun-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Screwy email for Server

I posted this message to robotics (URL) got two out of office replies. This I understand why but I wish people would put an exception for subscriptions. grrrrr But why did I get the message below from the Lugnet Server? Jude Message: From: LUGNET (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jun-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: a few new things

(...) Ooops, sorry...... didn't mean to give that impression. There's nothing wrong with good design; quite the contrary. I was simply trying to suggest that the design I saw there appeared somewhat too business-like. Perhaps I can clarify with (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jun-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: a few new things

(...) How can someone take such a statement the wrong way? As far as I can tell, you are advocating BAD DESIGN as something that will somehow benefit new users -- in which case, I have to strongly disagree. Good design choices are to everyone's (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jun-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: a few new things

(...) This looks really interesting. Is this intended to be a print mag? Or an e-zine? Either way, it looks very exciting. (...) It looks so very corporate. The design is almost too snazy. The clean lines, the co-ordinated colors. All very high (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jun-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: a few new things

(...) programming and UI design effort, perhaps with the Market section? (...) A thought: This seems to me to have a lot in common with the Market idea. (...) newsgroups there. However I wouldn't recommend redesigning the whole thing, just add a (...) (22 years ago, 6-Jun-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: a few new things

(...) Hi! (...) Woho! (...) I know of a great contact that is the cheapest, boasts the highest quality stuff and is the nicest guy. This is first hand, he is printing for my org. (...) Please explain this further... (...) Yeah! (...) Shoot. (...) To (...) (22 years ago, 6-Jun-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: a few new things

Suz: I'll start small and work my way in... While it's not a big issue - the use of CSS could help y'all maintain uniformity of appearance across all the pages of the site with a small, reusable bit of "code" -- but then again, I don't really see a (...) (22 years ago, 6-Jun-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact