 Administrative / General / 10388
Re: slow server startup
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 18 Apr 2002 13:25:52 GMT

"Dan Boger" <dan@peeron.com> wrote in message news:GuqtMx.K0C@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.admin.general, Carlo Ottolina wrote:
1) I don't have any delay. (I subscribed 40 groups and it takes 3-5
   seconds to refresh them all)

just a nit - we're not talking about delay in refreshing newsgroups, but
in establishing a connection to the server to begin with. Could it be
that since you're always online you never close the connection?

I just checked the logs.
Outlook Express (yes, I know, M$, etc. etc....) does TPC FIN after any
account syncronization.
The firewall does a teardown of any connection 10 minutes after TPC FIN and
the address translation goes down the drain.

So, the quick answer is "no".

thanks for the detective work :)

You're welcome. It *is* my job. ;-)

--