 Administrative / General / 10384
Re: slow server startup
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 18 Apr 2002 01:42:00 GMT

"Kevin Wilson" <kwilson_tccs@compuserve.com> writes:

I'm now back to normal speed when accessing LUGNET NNTP via Outlook Express.

Me too, as of today. I get the initial connect immediately (within a
second or so), and then 3 or 4 seconds to get the newsgroups summary
(during which I can see my cable modem blinking away - it would be just
inactive during the old initial delay).

Maybe the gods of the internet (or of just Lugnet?) saw this discussion
and fixed things for us.

--
Experience should guide us, not rule us.

Chris Gray     cg@ami-cg.GraySage.COM
               http://www.GraySage.COM/cg/