 Administrative / General / 10315 (-20)
  Re: a question...

(...) lugnet.admin.roundtable ?? (it was the obvious choice and it lets me get a "I agree" in on the rest of what you said without it being purely a metoo post...) (23 years ago, 12-Mar-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: a question...

(...) preferred participating in LUGNET forums to the r.t.l. Usenet group, and many still do. (...) I'm not sure if your questioning is meant as a scientific poll or a hope to start another 50+message-long mud-puddle, but uh... either way, I'd (...) (23 years ago, 12-Mar-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: LUGNET's Good Health was: [Re: Lugnet's tailspin]

Thanks for your comments Suz. :-) LUGNET Admin <suz@lugnet.com> wrote in message news:Gstwn2.3xw@lugnet.com... (...) agree (...) OK coming through LOUD and clear :-)) And I would just like to say I LOVE LUGNET as well. Although as a co-creator your (...) (23 years ago, 12-Mar-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  a question...

"It is believed that there are large numbers of LEGO enthusiasts on the Internet who currently know about RTL but avoid it because they feel it has become too big, too hostile, too political, too commercial, or too ethnocentric. The LUGNET message (...) (23 years ago, 12-Mar-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: LUGNET's Good Health was: [Re: Lugnet's tailspin]

(...) Perhaps tailspin was too strong a word. I do perceive a trend, but I also see your energy picking up which is extremely good news. (...) There is probably not much need to mull over the past. I think we all agree that there has been an effect (...) (23 years ago, 11-Mar-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  LUGNET's Good Health was: [Re: Lugnet's tailspin]

note: I happened to pick this post of the thread to respond to, for no better reason than it just came up on my ticker. As for some people calling this 'a tailspin', well, even if I were to agree (which I don't), you'd better keep in mind that this (...) (23 years ago, 11-Mar-02, to lugnet.people, lugnet.admin.general) !!

  Re: What happened to the Cool site of the Week?

(...) This might be a bit simple and already in the works, but I'll continue anyway. Would it be simple (or appropriate) enough to periodically farm the web sites from the member pages and compile them into an automagically updated links page? It (...) (23 years ago, 11-Mar-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: What happened to the Cool site of the Week?

(...) look forward to the new design. :) Ben Roller (23 years ago, 11-Mar-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.curators, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: What happened to the Cool site of the Week?

In lugnet.general, Ben Roller writes: [...] (...) I agree and am taking care of this now. I also got some good comments from a post here: (URL) (23 years ago, 11-Mar-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.curators, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Criticism of LUGNET's homepage (was: Re: newsticker)

In lugnet.admin.nntp, Thomas Main writes: [snip suggestions] Thanks for your post. When it first appeared, I printed it out, along with a copy of the homepage. I edited and sketched a new version which should be up soon. Sorry for it taking so me (...) (23 years ago, 11-Mar-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: What happened to the Cool site of the Week?

In lugnet.general, Matt Hein writes: [...] (...) [...] The accurate answer to your question is this: As some of you know, Todd Lehman, who's project CLSOTW was, lost enthusiasm for working with the AFOL community about a year ago. He continued to (...) (23 years ago, 11-Mar-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general) !

  Re: What happened to the Cool site of the Week?

(...) Yes, I'd say a LOT is missing from Lugnet's home page. Everything is out of date and, IMO, generally doesn't really represent Lugnet very well. Let me be specific. I'll start at the top and go down: --- Links. While at one time "Everything (...) (23 years ago, 9-Mar-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.curators, lugnet.admin.general) !

  Re: Question about Location on profile

(...) the only way right now is to send a mail to admin@lugnet.com, giving your member number, and your new address. One day we'll add a web interface for this field. Dan (23 years ago, 8-Mar-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Canceling posts?

"Farlie A" <alex_farlie@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:GsB1LE.1MF@lugnet.com... (...) It IS possible to cancel your own posts using a newsreader. I recently tested this out in off-topic-test and was successful. Here is the link --> (URL) (...) (23 years ago, 7-Mar-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Question about Location on profile

(...) I am in the same boat, having moved from TX to CO. Anyone know the method for tweaking the state flag? I also saw a listing of members by state, and it shows me still in TX. Thanks, Steve (23 years ago, 6-Mar-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Jedi Starfighter "Fight" mode?

(...) I can't make it work from the web, either. It appears that the trailing space character is important, but the web interface strips out trailing blanks. I seem to remember that some people (Mac users, I think) *could* insert some special (...) (23 years ago, 6-Mar-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Jedi Starfighter "Fight" mode?

(...) How are you posting? I cannot get it to work when posting from the Web. :-( (...) I did warn you, it was part of the example <g> (...) Jude XFUT .admin.general (23 years ago, 6-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Wrong email address displayed

(...) yes, you need to go through this form again: (URL) (23 years ago, 6-Mar-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Wrong email address displayed

Hello, I have changed my email address on my memeber page, but my old email address shows up when I post a message. Do I need to change it elsewhere? TIA, Robert Powell rpowell@soundvet.com (23 years ago, 6-Mar-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Meta discussion about guidance

(...) No human endeavor calls for more tact than telling someone they've done wrong. The flak you get over being a net.cop probably stems more from this than from any other apsect of the situation. In the vast majority of cases, people believe they (...) (23 years ago, 4-Mar-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact