 Administrative / General / 10309
Re: What happened to the Cool site of the Week?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 11 Mar 2002 18:26:51 GMT

In lugnet.general, Ben Roller writes:
In lugnet.general, Matt Hein writes:
Have any of you noticed that for the last several months, something's been
missing on Lugnet's home page?

Yes, I'd say a LOT is missing from Lugnet's home page.  Everything is out of
date and, IMO, generally doesn't really represent Lugnet very well.  Let me
be specific. I'll start at the top and go down:

---
Links. While at one time "Everything Lego" was a great list of links to fan
created Lego sites, since it's come to Lugnet is has grown increasingly out
of date and seemingly is never updated.  It seems that a great number of the
links are dead and new pages aren't being added.

This might be a bit simple and already in the works, but I'll continue
anyway. Would it be simple (or appropriate) enough to periodically farm the
web sites from the member pages and compile them into an automagically
updated links page? It would help keep it up to date, although weeding out
the dead links is still left to manual manipulation.

<snip>

I mean this post as constructive (no pun intended) criticism and not as an
attack and I hope it's taken that way.

Ben Roller

P.S. Remember to set your follow-ups correctly. :)

-Duane