 Administrative / Search Results: suggest
 Results 261 – 280 of 403.
Search took 0.00 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Fantasy group?

(...) You point out someting which I was somewhat ignoring, that someone posting the material is asking for a new group, however, a quick search for Pern on Lugnet finds 22 posts, 7 of which are in the thread which Kevin started, 8 of which (at the (...) (22 years ago, 2-May-02, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Re: Unsorted lot of over 5800 pcs.

(...) auctions. lugnet.market.brickshops is the defacto place to announce BrickLink sales, so it would appear that BrickLink auctions would be allowed. On the other hand, the TOS are pretty clear that auction announcements are only allowed in groups (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jan-03, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.market.brickshops, lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Re: Please, can the curator for .cad update the BlockCAD link?

(...) rather than to admin.general. If you ever have a question about who is the curator for a particular group or hierarchy, see the front page of admin.curators... you'll find a link there to let you look that sort of thing up. It is (URL) This (...) (20 years ago, 4-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.admin.curators)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Re: Opinions wanted: article rating harmful? (was: New feature: Article rating)

(...) Well, since you asked, I thought I'd leave mine. (...) This change could be for the better. I was fine with the 100 scale (I think the 5 scale gives less acurate results) but it's good if it makes rating easier for people. Hopefully this will (...) (24 years ago, 21-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Re: Newsgroup structure: some tough decisions

(...) I have mixed feelings about trying to apply order in matters of speech. I appreciate trying to make things orderly, and by segregating posts to areas they would be sought in would avoid flames from people who have to wade through messages (...) (24 years ago, 6-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Re: Newsgroup structure: some tough decisions

(...) Wow. Well thanx for starting this discussion up Todd. It focuses into one thread what a lot of people have been talking about on and off for some time. I've read all the posts that are available and found about 15 that had a point in it that I (...) (24 years ago, 6-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Re: Block user X from replying to a message by user Y

(...) really, Larry. That's absurd. I refuse to spend my time hunting down each instance of what might have been intended as bicker-bait and quickly shutting down the posters, purely to help eliminate temptation for those who have difficulty with (...) (22 years ago, 14-May-02, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Re: Problems reading messages & with cookie

(...) Sounds like a bug in the Win3.1 version of MSIE. The colon (:) in the URL seems to be confusing the parser into thinking that part of the tail end of the URL is the protocol portion of the URL (the part that usually begins with (URL) ftp://, (...) (25 years ago, 21-Jun-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Re: Suggestion: Set ratings for DB

"Kevin Loch" <kloch@opnsys.com> wrote in message news:Fw7sGv.Bvz@lugnet.com... (...) I have implemented this at Brickset, along with set reviews. For example, this page (URL) link - should not normally be linked to directly] shows scores and (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jun-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Re: Compromised Functionality on Lugnet and Brickshelf?

In lugnet.general, Shaun Sullivan wrote: (snip) I've went through this whole thread tree up to as of just now, and added everything that I thought looked like a suggestion to our (URL) list>. If you think you made a suggestion in this thread or (...) (19 years ago, 15-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, FTX)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Re: The Gary Louie Memorial Auction

Larry [in .announce]: (...) Me [in .market.auction & .admin.general]: (...) Larry [in .market.auction & .admin.general]: (...) Me [in .admin.general]: (...) Larry [in .admin.general]: (...) I owe Larry a visible apology in .market.auction for (...) (25 years ago, 11-Apr-99, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  NYC, Yonkers

I am woefully ignorant of the NYC area, but since I am moving close to Yonkers in 2 months, maybe I can add a small suggestion. Perhaps I can even be the first Yonkers subscriber! :-) First, I agree that a "Greater NYC" or "Metropolitan (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jun-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Re: Prototype friendlier LUGNET homepage (was: Re: A requested improvement for LUGNET)

In lugnet.admin.general, Todd Lehman & Suzanne Rich write: (...) The layout is very nice and clear, simplistic and to the point... it's easy to find what you're looking, mostly. It's a good idea to put CLSOTW in a main place on the front page, (...) (24 years ago, 23-Jun-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Re: New homepage for LUGNET part 3

(...) much much better!. a few minor sugestions: eliminate the baby blue bar across the top of the page with the welcome note and put the welcome note in a white box at the center of the page much like the "announcment boxes". this would bring all (...) (18 years ago, 15-Dec-06, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, FTX)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Intellectual exercise (was Re: Policy clarification regarding catalogs)

If I were to post the results of this script: #!/usr/bin/perl for ($i=0;$i<1000000;$i++) { printf "(URL) $i; } to LUGnet, and some of the links that result happen to not have links on any of Lego's linked-from-the-main-page pages, would I be in (...) (25 years ago, 18-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Re: No Comment

(...) No, there wasn't any. (...) Yup! Several people noted that they had accidentally clicked a button and submitted a rating on an article they didn't want to rate (for example something in a .loc group they didn't want to interfere with, or an (...) (24 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Re: Newsgroup structure: some tough decisions

(My newsreader objected to my attempt to reply to Todd's original message, so I'm replying to a followup) (...) Lugnet.lego.{rant,rave,debate} get my vote. That makes it more clear that they are distinct from the non-lego groups. I'm not sure (...) (24 years ago, 6-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Re: Ideas ready to be shot down

(...) Larry, The thread you posted in was created by me to help the LUGNET community in a small way. Until your post I was very happy with the way it had grown. I count that you have now attacked me personally three times in three days on LUGNET. (...) (22 years ago, 5-Apr-02, to lugnet.admin.finance)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  (canceled)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Another NIT about the article page.

Scenario, Navigate a newsgroup several steps down. (URL) an article. (URL) the thread navigation through to the logical conclusion. (URL) the question. How do you get back to where you started. (URL) often seem to find myself 5 or 6 clicks away (...) (26 years ago, 16-Oct-98, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

More:  Next Page >>