 Administrative / Search Results: internet mail service
 Results 701 – 720 of about 2200.
Search took 0.02 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Out-of-office replies, mail header suggestion

(...) Eeek, what brain-dead mail delivery agent sent that? (By any chance was it MS Exchange?) (...) Well, a cursory scan of various mailing list software shows that some use "bulk" and some use "list" -- i.e., they don't all use "bulk". More seem (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jan-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

mail
(score: 1.413)

  Annoying Bouncing Mail?

I've always wondered, if I have a "spam blocked" e-mail address, and I leave the little box that says, "Please e-mail me a copy of my message" checked when I post via the web, does Lugnet get a bounced back e-mail for the invalid address? Since I (...) (25 years ago, 25-Nov-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.413)

  Re: Lar's hoppers

(...) How advanced can it be, if it can't tell pun-mail from real mail? Steve (25 years ago, 28-Apr-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

mail
(score: 1.413)

  Re: Group monitoring

(...) There is currently no way to get notification of activity in a newsgroup except by subscribing to it by mail. (URL) I'm subscribed by mail to all 583 loc.* groups and don't look at them in my newsreader. If there was a way for you to get (...) (26 years ago, 10-Dec-98, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.413)

  Is News-By-Mail working?

Part way through the day yesterday I stopped getting any message from Lugnet. And now its been over 24 hours now since I've received any messages from the Lugnet News-by-mail server. Is it down? My Lugnet News-by-mail setup seems to still be OK, I (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jul-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.413)

  Re: Simplified News-by-Mail signup (was: New newsgroups for LEGO Direct and the LEGO Company)

(...) Oh. Just recommended in this case and the other .announce groups...not for all groups. (Sorry for the confusion.) (...) The benefits of e-mail delivery are few -- compared to NNTP -- but one thing e-mail beats NNTP hands-down for is messages (...) (24 years ago, 15-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.413)

  Re: Mail posting (was Re: Unable to connect via NNTP)

(...) [snip] (...) correct me if I'm wrong, but you're trying to send a message via mail, not via nntp, right? from what you posted it seems like your mail server was not able to look up the correct DNS entry for LUGNET (Failed MX lookup; try again (...) (23 years ago, 2-Apr-02, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

mail
(score: 1.412)

  Mail Account Info

Todd (et al?): So...I got over-zelious with my cleaning of my mailboxes and blew away my email/account info for lugnet. So went a-hunting. Now I have some comments: 1) It would be nice if all the account info (News, etc) was easily accessible from (...) (25 years ago, 13-Nov-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.412)

  Re: Lugnet Roolz! But can I cancel from the web? (was: Re: WTB: Infiltrator / Podracer 2-pack, MIMP:

(...) Nope...you have to ask via e-mail. E-mail admin@lugnet.com and ask to cancel the post you would like deleted. Include your name, and the URL http link to the post you wish to have deleted. And yes, LUGNET *does* "rool" doesn't it? Matt (23 years ago, 25-Oct-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.412)

  Re: Multiple E-mail Authentication ??

(...) I had assumed that the mail went to the email shown as your email identifier as controlled by the cookie you set when you set up a particular machine for posting. I have not actually tried this so I am guessing. But try setting your home (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.412)

  Re: Transient delivery failures?

(...) Apparently, it's from a misbehaving mailer daemon which is ignoring the 'Errors-To:' header on the outgoing news-by-mail message for the .technic newsgroup when it was sent via e-mail to e-mail subscribers. The mailer daemon was/is trying to (...) (24 years ago, 26-Aug-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.412)

  Re: LUGNET Memberships

(...) Wouldn't it be easier to e-mail the forgotten password to the e-mail address your members input upon registration? That e-mail could be intercepted but I don't think a lot of people would go into that kind of trouble to be able to look at (...) (24 years ago, 24-Sep-00, to lugnet.people, lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.412)

  Re: web posting

(...) Some people have news-by-mail settings for multiple e-mail addresses, and they want to maintain those from a single machine (or multiple machines). So that's why it asks you to reconfirm the address at the entry page (URL) each time -- because (...) (25 years ago, 29-Feb-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.412)

  Re: Two questions

(...) Help me out here with some more details... Here are a couple URLs to jog your memory... Were you going through the news-posting setup--? (URL) were you going through the news-by-mail setup--? (URL) Checking my email account, lugnet indeed had (...) (26 years ago, 26-Mar-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.412)

  Re: link labels - my poorly written Netscape6 newsreader....

Actually, clicking the links doesn't work within my Netscape mail. Any 'Preference-TAB' I have to modify perhaps?? Please help, I'm getting a little bit sick of all these non-working Links in the postings 'new style'. Kind regards, Klaas H. Meijaard (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jun-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.412)

  Re: e-mail address

(...) Just an update from Bruce: "I changed my e-mail address in my posting setup (to reflect my new gmail address) and was supposed to receive a confirmation e-mail within 24 hours before I could begin posting again. It's been several days and I (...) (19 years ago, 23-Sep-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.412)

  Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings

"Mike Faunce" <mike@faunce.com> wrote in message news:GABnBu.GK5@lugnet.com... (...) [ ... snipped ... ] (...) [ ... snipped ... ] When I first participated in LUGNET I did use my work e-mail. I started using a different e-mail address because all (...) (24 years ago, 17-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.admin.nntp)

mail
(score: 1.412)

  Re: Out-of-office replies, mail header suggestion

(...) The real problem is mail servers which send the "out-of-office" to the list, which on some list software which hasn't been fixed to deal with it generates a cascade of bad messages (when in addition, the mail server doesn't just send one (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jan-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

mail
(score: 1.412)

  Battery wagon 5075 == 1134? It's not!

I recently bought a battery wagon nr 1134 at a toy shop, ending it's business. They fooud some very old stock and the 1134 was among it. Nr. 5075 red, nr. 1134 is blue. If anyone is interested in proof: I have a very good picture of it, placed on (...) (25 years ago, 1-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.database)

mail
(score: 1.412)

  It's almost like Mail Bombing...

Whenever I post to some groups I get hit with a barrage of "Out of the office" and "Undeliverable Mail" replies to my personal mail box. This is VERY annoying. Is there any way we can do something about this? Dean -- Dean Husby LUGNET Member #320 (...) (23 years ago, 18-Aug-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.411)

More:  Next Page >>