 Administrative / General / 1181
Re: Two questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 26 Mar 1999 02:45:05 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, radiotitan@yanospamhoo.com (Tom McDonald) writes:
I assume you're talking about the

  http://www.lugnet.com/news/mail/

page?

Garshk, here I go again, showing my lack of knowledge about this stuff. Try
and bear with me.

Actually, I can't remember the page's exact name (doesn't that just figure).
What happened last night was that I tried to reply via the web interface and
got the page that said I needed to enter my info before I could post there,
so I complied (again). Then I waited a minute or two (thinking, of course,
that lugnet has nothing better to do that to serve me and me alone :) and
tried to post again, and it was rejected.

Help me out here with some more details...  Here are a couple URLs to jog
your memory...

Were you going through the news-posting setup--?

   http://www.lugnet.com/news/post/setup/

or were you going through the news-by-mail setup--?

   http://www.lugnet.com/news/mail/

Checking my email account, lugnet indeed had
not yet posted confirmation.

Only the /news/mail/ page sends you an e-mail right away.  New submissions
in the /news/post/setup/ area are processed by hand, which may take a day
or more.

I thought that I had wiped out a lugnet cookie which lug uses to ID me,
so I needed to do it again to get the cookie back, which is perfectly
understandable.

But the "continue" button's presence puzzled me, seeming worthless, since
I couldn't post right away after complying with steps 1-3 and then
returning to press it right after step 3.

I think the "Continue" button is only present in the /news/mail/ area --
which is for subscribing to newsgroups via e-mail and not for signing up
to post.  Do you remember why you went there after a post was rejected?

--Todd