 Administrative / General / 11025
Re: link labels - my poorly written Netscape6 newsreader....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 16 Jun 2003 23:23:18 GMT

Actually,

clicking the links doesn't work within my Netscape mail.

Any 'Preference-TAB' I have to modify perhaps??

Please help, I'm getting a little bit sick of all these non-working
Links in the postings 'new style'.

Kind regards,
Klaas H. Meijaard / Netherlands
Lugnet 291

Todd Lehman wrote:

In lugnet.trains, Steven Barile wrote:

I believe that the spaces you are refering to might be the spaces between the
<link label> pair, defined by FTX formating. Of course I am new to FTX so it
very well might be "my bad".

Nope, you didn't do anything bad -- your links were beautiful.  :-)

Is anyone else having the same bad link issues?

It's conceivable that there might be a really poorly written miscreant
newsreader/e-mail client in existence out there somewhere that get confused
and think that the space character is actually part of the link, but I
wouldn't worry about that, because such a client would not be compliant
anyway with the URN/URI/URL specification (which disallows, among other
things, spaces and angle brackets in a URL).

--Todd