 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 2244
Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Sat, 17 Mar 2001 03:23:13 GMT

"Mike Faunce" <mike@faunce.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.lego.direct, Mike Walsh writes:

[ ... snipped ... ]

To further your own analogy:  Why don't you use your work e-mail here?
Probably because LUGNET is part of your "home life" and not your "work
life".  Your employeer may (or may not) want their name associated with
LUGNET.  Your employeer may even forbid you using your work e-mail for
personal reasons.

[ ... snipped ... ]

When I first participated in LUGNET I did use my work e-mail.  I started
using a different e-mail address because all of my LEGO dealings were mixed
in with my work e-mail.  My decision to change e-mail addresses was mostly
the result of not keeping up with LEGO deals I had in play because they got
lost in the bowels of my work e-mail.

I am sure there are quite a few people who only use their work e-mail
because for one reason or another, they have chosen not to obtain a
different one.  There are still a fair number of people who don't have a
computer at home and use their work computer (right or wrong) for personal
business.  The folks from TLC may be no different from lots of other people:
They have access to a computer at work so that is the one they use.

Mike

http://www.nclug.net - North Carolina LEGO Users Group
http://www.nclug.net/ctb - Carolina Train Builders
http://www.brickbay.com/store.asp?u=mpw - Brick Depot