 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 2245
Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Sat, 17 Mar 2001 03:23:02 GMT

In lugnet.admin.nntp, Mike Faunce writes:

In a TLC employee's case, his "home life" and "work life" both involve LEGO
products.  But there are cases where an employee may post an opinion that
may be read as fact and vice versa.  But "forcing" TLC employees to "state"
their capacity (work vs home) when posting we avoid any confusing and
possible legal issues.

I don't think anyone has any issues with the desire to be clear about
whether a post is personal opinion or an Offical Statement. But that can
easily be done without restricting where posting happens, and in fact WAS
being done, the T&C required that posts made officially said so.

This is a restriction on what can be said where, not on how it is flagged
who said it.

++Lar