 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 2247
Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Sat, 17 Mar 2001 03:43:50 GMT

In lugnet.admin.nntp, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.admin.nntp, Mike Faunce writes:

I don't think anyone has any issues with the desire to be clear about
whether a post is personal opinion or an Offical Statement. But that can
easily be done without restricting where posting happens, and in fact WAS
being done, the T&C required that posts made officially said so.

This is a restriction on what can be said where, not on how it is flagged
who said it.

++Lar

Maybe it's just me, but it doesn't seem like that big a deal to change your
e-mail address back and forth to indicate official vs personal.  It's just
as easy to do that as to include a disclaimer when posting personal items.

But, truthfully, I havn't given it that much thought and I haven't taken the
time to go back through all the posts that came from people with @lego.com
in their e-mail addresses.

I just know the pain it's caused me in the past posting from a work address
in public forums where what you post can be easily misinterpretted.

In other words:  Is this the best solution?  I don't know.  I'll defer to
Todd who has much more at stake in this than I do.

Mike
-----
Mike Faunce
mike at faunce dot com