 Administrative / General / 7625
Re: Transient delivery failures?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 26 Aug 2000 19:35:42 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Jennifer L. Boger writes:
yeah yeah! me too!  I thought it was for another mailing list i crossposted
to, since the message posted ok.

Apparently, it's from a misbehaving mailer daemon which is ignoring the
'Errors-To:' header on the outgoing news-by-mail message for the .technic
newsgroup when it was sent via e-mail to e-mail subscribers.  The mailer
daemon was/is trying to deliver the mail to its party, but was unable to
connect downstream, and sent a bounce/warning message to the wrong place
(to you, the author in the 'From:' line, rather than to the 'Sender:' or
the 'Errors-To:'...

--Todd