 Administrative / Search Results: internet mail service
 Results 2181 – 2200 of 2225.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Address munge and Google...

Hi. 2 Issues... 1) E-Mail Addresses in formal headers get munged but not those in the body of a message. Is there an easy soloution to this? 2) Google seems to deep crawl the Lugnet site, is there a way of controlling this? (18 years ago, 2-Sep-06, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

mail
(score: 0.866)

  Re: posting to the robotics newsgroup

"John Hansen" <afanofosc@comcast.net> wrote in message news:J71C5n.Hr4@lugnet.com... (...) It's something I've known about for a some time too, and I've reported some of them as a misdirected bounce type of spam item. I'm firmly of the opinion that (...) (18 years ago, 12-Oct-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.860)

  posting to the robotics newsgroup

Does anyone know why, when I post to the lugnet.robotics newsgroups I get two emails, one from payments-autorespond...amazon.com and another from mailer-daemon@google.com reporting a delivery failure. Posting to a lugnet newsgroup should not result (...) (18 years ago, 12-Oct-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.860)

  Re: Address munge and Google...

Sorry I didn't notice this sooner: (...) No. The e-mail addresses that get "spam-me-notted" (should consider trademarking this ;-) ) are those that come from the news headers. You can't reliably identify e-mail addresses in the body of messages, so (...) (18 years ago, 27-Nov-06, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

mail
(score: 0.855)

  Re: Message indexing awry?

"Gereon "Jerry" Stein" <jerry@lugnet.com> wrote in message news:J9FKBL.Bx9@lugnet.com... (...) How about considering the current LUGNET system to be made into (I don't know the exact word I'm after) an 'archive-read-only' system, and migrating (...) (18 years ago, 28-Nov-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.854)

  Re: Message indexing awry?

(...) René and I are actively discussing options here - however at this stage it would be far too early to promise anything. As it stands, Lugnet-posts are not exactly easy to maintain and even a members-only edit function would bear a couple of (...) (18 years ago, 28-Nov-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.853)

  Questions about the setup for mail-to-news on lugnet.com

This is still an ongoing issue for LUGNET and people who have to occasionally post to the lugnet.robotics hierarchy. However, some interesting questions about the gateway arise. For instance, I keep finding that my email address is specified as the (...) (18 years ago, 13-Dec-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.853)

  Re: New homepage for LUGNET part 3

(...) Glad you like the overall look of the mock-up I did, but I should be careful not to take too much credit. I really just moved stuff around that was in Rene's (URL) index-test-2> and subsequent drafts. So any imperfections in the logo shadow (...) (18 years ago, 20-Dec-06, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, FTX)

mail
(score: 0.850)

  Updates to set 4899

This was a promotional item they were giving away free with a purchase at the Lego Store. It's a bag item in Lego CITY themed packaging with the following notations: Ages/edades 5-12 ---...--- 4899 ---...--- Cont. 28 pcs/pzs ---...--- Building Toy (...) (14 years ago, 5-Jul-10, to lugnet.admin.database)

service
(score: 0.850)

  Re: New homepage for LUGNET - draft #8

(...) <snip> (...) When will this page go Public? Christina Happy new year to all of you! (18 years ago, 24-Jan-07, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

mail
(score: 0.850)

  Canadian Members by Province/Territory

Hi, I am writing from Canada, a huge country located north of the United States (where Lugnet members are identified by state). Canada is actually MUCH bigger than the USA, and covers 6 time zones. We have provinces (and territories) here instead of (...) (18 years ago, 13-Feb-07, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

mail
(score: 0.843)

  Re: Technic sidebar thingie

(...) It seems that NONE of the admins received your e-mail, because the implication I've been reading is that NONE of them would have told you to go ahead. But the point is, you shouldn't need the admins to tell you when you are crossing that line, (...) (18 years ago, 19-Feb-07, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.843)

  Re: Technic sidebar thingie

(...) A point which is still apparently lost on you? (...) So you sent e-mail to the admins, and then in the absence of a response you assumed that you had administrative approval to alter somebody else's content? No problem. Sure. (...) Under the (...) (18 years ago, 19-Feb-07, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

mail
(score: 0.843)

  Re: Customizing our LUG's web page

(...) Thanks, ROSCO for the cross-post to .admin.curators. For the curators. With my move from Southern Utah, my e-mail has changed. So if you need to get a hold of me, please e-mail: bpilati@verio<nospamplease>.net Thank you Brian (18 years ago, 27-Feb-07, to lugnet.org.us.ulug, lugnet.admin.curators, FTX)

mail
(score: 0.842)

  Re: Long delay between email post and authentication request

@all, I have dug into the issue a bit more, and having spent the last 2 hours or so working through the mail queues, I have found that the mail gateway for LUGNET news is currently being drowned in spam to invalid addresses. The active queue is now (...) (17 years ago, 23-Aug-07, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.820)

  Re: Long delay between email post and authentication request

(...) @all, I have identified a substantial increase of Spam to the mail-gateway, which basically resulted in an "overfull" queue of deferred bounces (the mail gateway does send a response to the original sender if for any reasons it cannot accept a (...) (17 years ago, 23-Aug-07, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.820)

  Re: Long delay between email post and authentication request

(...) I have *no* problems with getting the initial "Message awaiting authentication" mail, it has (almost) always arrived within a minute. The problem is that if I auth by replying to the email, it will take an enormous amount of time before the (...) (17 years ago, 23-Aug-07, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.820)

  Re: Bug in current version of LDList

I first replied almost three hours ago, but for some reason e-mail authentication never got this posted. I had to send it again and authenticate on the web page to get the message to appear?? FUT: lugnet.admin.general (...) (17 years ago, 22-Aug-07, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.819)

  Re: LUGNET needs a Lounge

(...) It's fun there. Clever riffing = good times, is what I always say. (...) Listen, I fully disclosed... I can't help it if you don't read your mail or hate the TRUTH. JOHN (17 years ago, 23-Oct-07, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

mail
(score: 0.811)

  Re: Serious E-mail issue resolved

Hi again, this is to inform you that the mail system status is back to normal, remaining backlog being at approx. 100-120 messages which is the normal level we get with all the incoming spam. I have changed spam handling to the point that spam is (...) (17 years ago, 14-Nov-07, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.810)

More:  Next Page >>