 Administrative / Search Results: internet mail service
 Results 2141 – 2160 of 2225.
Search took 0.02 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Bye, bye LUGNET

(...) I thought maybe it was a either a "term of art" or a non-American English usage with which I'm not familiar. I still don't really get the point of its usage. (...) There is an important difference (at least important to Todd). It is at least (...) (20 years ago, 1-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.404)

  lugnet.com upgrade/downtime/heads-up

This is a general "FYI" heads-up... The lugnet.com server is due for a slight overhaul to upgrade the OS from FreeBSD 2.1.7 to 2.2.7. When exactly this will occur is not set in stone, but I'll post more when I know more. Hopefully sometime in the (...) (25 years ago, 26-Jun-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.announce)

mail
(score: 1.404)

  Re: UNJUST Singling Out of Chris Magno and Terry P

(...) Agreed. I rarely take part in these forums any more because of this kind of snowballing stupidity. Chris and Terry were hardly the only ones breaking 'posting guidelines'. They were both baited as well, with "nothing new being brought to the (...) (16 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general) !

mail
(score: 1.404)

  Re: valid email addresses

(...) Dan: You might want to decode that regular expression into english for those not regexp literate, since you're publicly asking for a change. I THINK it means at least one @ and at least one "." that is at least one character after the at sign, (...) (20 years ago, 27-Jul-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.404)

  Re: posting weirdness

(...) Was, ya. (...) I was using a regex involving \n\s* which compiled into a nondeterministic finite-state automata in Perl 5.004 and 5.005. Perl 5.6 is smart enough to compile it into a deterministic finite-state automata (essentially realising (...) (24 years ago, 17-Dec-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.404)

  Re: Do you think there is a market for your MOCs on eBay? Please discuss...

(...) Scott, Here is what I've taken from your post: 1. Larry is a twit because he missed the point (which was....?). 2. You want to point out that you are tired of Larry's attitude 3. You want to point out that you are tired of Larry's control over (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general) !!

mail
(score: 1.404)

  Re: Clear line between Auctions and Trades

Todd Lehman wrote in message ... (...) I've seen a few crossover situations which might be candidates. I've seen auctions which indicate that items may be withdrawn for trade. The implication is that if you offer a trade the auctioneer likes, he'll (...) (25 years ago, 23-Jun-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

mail
(score: 1.404)

  Re: 1999 NL sets 4533, 4553, 4556, 4557

(...) It's interesting. There are a whole ton of rejected messages from a John Neal in the dead-articles file on the server -- none of them ever showed up in a newsgroup prior to Kurt's posting. The only way Kurt could have known about them is if (...) (26 years ago, 5-Jan-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.trains)

mail
(score: 1.404)

  Re: Code Repository

(...) Or perhaps a more general one sitting atop the others (integrationally or as a launching point). Because even when there's pseudocode for something, the actual implementation in, say, pbFORTH, may differ fundamentally from the implementation (...) (25 years ago, 16-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.404)

  Re: new stuff for 2001

(...) The Dinosaur theme is 100% NO JOKE! First, I have seen all eight sets in february 2001. Second, I do own one of these dinosaurs already. Third, the Dino images uploaded to Brickset have been taken from an official Japanese Consumer Catalog. (...) (24 years ago, 29-Mar-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.404)

  Re: Your Local Lego Webmaster!

(...) Jon, I hope I can point out what it was that pushed so many peoples' buttons. First (and this is the biggie) -- your approach to us lacked, shall we say, experienced interpersonal protocol. While being a newbie is nothing bad in and of itself, (...) (25 years ago, 25-Oct-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.404)

  A disturbing trend seems to be developing

I don't know how many of you have noticed but it seems that there has been a proliferation of auctions and buy-sell-trade posts being made to groups other than lugnet.market.* . I know that Todd is doing the best he can to correct people and point (...) (25 years ago, 3-Nov-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.404)

  Re: No more spam from Helge Viker

(...) A happy ending for this episode, hopefully. I have been reading this thread as-it-happened (I get b-s-t via email) and one thing puzzles me about the whole affair. No one went on record to explain why the original email from Helge was, could, (...) (24 years ago, 10-May-00, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

mail
(score: 1.404)

  LUGNET Chat (revisited)

There was talk long ago, about a LUGNET chat.. mud/talker vs irc vs icq etc. But with simple java chat applets available everywhere, I thought it might be something for the 'white space' (eg (URL)) at the right of the view, although it should be (...) (25 years ago, 16-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.404)

  Re: Lugnet.robotics and the Robotics List

Todd Lehman wrote in message <36794b80.31897794@l...et.com>... (...) I'd have to experiment and see what happens if a user does a reply to all in that case. If it sends to the people in the Reply-To header as well as the To header then it would work (...) (26 years ago, 17-Dec-98, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.404)

  good afternoon!

I woke up late today. Just reading through these posts now. sorry. I'm going to ask that people not speak for me, as in: "I think what Suz is saying is.." because if you're not accurate, I'll want to write a response to correct you. And there will (...) (19 years ago, 15-Jul-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.404)

  Re: 2 x Armada Flagship = Armada Warship

Todd Lehman wrote in message ... (...) Also, I assume references to market sites in ones sigs will still be allowed assuming the sig itself is of reasonable size. One thought for Kevin and future posters of something like this, the post would be (...) (24 years ago, 2-Jul-00, to lugnet.admin.terms)

mail
(score: 1.404)

  Re: Password checks (was: Re: LUGNET Memberships)

(...) A solution to this could be to do the following: - when someone asks for a password reset, create a new password for them, put it in the list, also put it in a special "reset account" password file (along with the ID). - when the user receives (...) (24 years ago, 26-Sep-00, to lugnet.people, lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.404)

  Re: Bad news for NASA

This is a reply to both Kelly and Steve (close by in the tree) and the FUT is set to just admin.general (...) I don't know what's proper. We're experimenting. I hope people won't get too upset about it, till we get it right. I did an experiment (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

mail
(score: 1.404)

  Re: A tiresome tirade (Was: garbage output)

(...) Sorry, I didn't mean it like that. (Not that there's anything wrong with being old.) By "elders" I just meant "old-timers" or "well-versed participants" in the sense of people who have been around the group for a long time and know the ins and (...) (26 years ago, 12-Apr-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.404)

More:  Next Page >>