 Off-Topic / Fun / 7012
Re: new stuff for 2001
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 29 Mar 2001 05:20:49 GMT

To All,

And this is the saddest part of all the April fools • jokes. All of us who
have been caught once or twice will reserve judgement on • the
announcement until well after April 1.

The Dinosaur theme is 100% NO JOKE! First, I have seen all eight sets in
february 2001. Second, I do own one of these dinosaurs already. Third, the
Dino images uploaded to Brickset have been taken from an official Japanese
Consumer Catalog. Fourth, searching Lugnet for the Dino set numbers will
bring you lots and lots of proofs that 6719, 7000 ... DO exist.

For further images see:

http://www.brickmaster.de/images/temp_japan_main.jpg
http://www.brickmaster.de/images/temp_japan_dino_page.jpg
http://www.brickmaster.de/images/temp_japan_dino_sets.jpg
http://www.brickmaster.de/images/temp_japan_stuff.jpg

http://www.brickmaster.de/images/dino_6719-1.jpg

http://www.brickset.com/search.asp?Theme=dinosaurs
http://www.brickset.com/search.asp?Subtheme=jurassicparkiii&Theme=studios

THIS IS NO JOKE! These Dinosaus sets WILL APPEAR!!!

I am not saying that these sets can't be legitimate, but I
did see the Jurassic Park ones from the toy show, I am just
very cautious on the eve of April Fools, especially after
the train one last year, and the fact that the cons seem to
get better every year. Did you notice the "new" women's
soccer set has two different types of blond hair? When has
LEGO done that? The box doen't look 100% either, IMNSHO.

That set was (apparently) posted to Brickset!!! Yikes. Is there no
institution safe?

Huw - Huw more - Humour ... say, maybe not safe after all. I mean, it would
be pretty Low to spoof us that way, don't you think?

Hey ++Lar, just as a side note. I have uploaded 3416 to Brickset without
asking Huw first. As for this set, I can only guarantee that it is 99% an
official set (that's a fairly large percentage, but unfortunately not the
100% I can give you for the Dino stuff...)

As far as new Amtrak sets? Yes, that's for real. I think Mathis Productions
has some under development. I know I do.

:)

++Lar

Bye, Christian --- xTIAN.
Lugnet Member #479 -- The World is full of AFOLs !
mail: xtian@brickmaster.de web: www.brickmaster.de