 Administrative / Search Results: internet mail service
 Results 2001 – 2020 of 2225.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Email Authentication - Why not make it optional?

Brad you rasie some good points, my take is that if you are being Spoofed you might not know it untill it's too late and someone has either ruined your reputaion or you seem to be held in low regard when you post and you don't know why because some (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.general)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  (canceled)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  De Bouwsteen - LEGO club

Eric Brok schreef, (...) Eric/Nico, Does your Bouwsteen club have a URL or online presence? Since LUGNET is an acronym which stands for LEGO Users Group Network (that is, a network of LEGO user groups and/or clubs), one of its main purposes is to (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jun-99, to lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  RE: WARNING: spam from Helge Viker

On a similar note, has anyone received spam from any of the following? makemoney838458585@b...stra.co.id cablenews4u@bigfoot.com wtr3@aol.com suzan235499@bellsouth.com gft6@aol.com cdnames@flashmail.com The only place I've e-mailed has been LUGNET, (...) (24 years ago, 5-May-00, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: Email Authentication - Why not make it optional?

(...) Normally I use the web interface (for over a year now), but I have the NNTP still set up in Navigator, so I gave it a test shot. 1) Open 'lugnet.com' in NS/Messenger window 2) Try to add 'lugnet.off-topic.test', then realize that I already had (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.general)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: A Change

(...) Well I'd say that depends a lot on what you're used to - I rarely have trouble searching for posts using the browser interface. (...) Agreed. (...) 1. Every message displays the entire thread tree at the bottom, until it gets too large, at (...) (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: Digests

Todd Lehman wrote in message ... (...) Is there any chance of digests by volume or count? I'm on a few digests elsewhere that run on a "when the moderator thinks there's enough for a digest" basis. Being able to say "when there are more than 1000 (...) (26 years ago, 24-Feb-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Link syntax problem in news readers

Is the problem of FTX formatted links not working properly in news readers still being worked on? I found this post about it from last year: (URL) am still having to edit urls in my web browser after clicking on them from my news reader and have (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jun-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Lugnet for beginners

Todd, Suz, et al Lugnet can be rather intimidating, IMO, to newcomers due to its massive size and scope. The Pause database aside, the news portion of Lugnet is growing every day by 400 messages or so and can leave new arrivals here with a sense of (...) (25 years ago, 28-Feb-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: Announcing FTX for discussion groups

(...) Unless someone go totally nuts with crazy table stuff, it should look just fine. (...) Yup! FTX was designed from day one (back in the summer of 1999) to be entirely readable as plain text. In fact, here is an example of an article I posted in (...) (21 years ago, 28-May-03, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.publish)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: Signature Image Abuse

(...) Suggestions on limit values? Standard sig size according to RFC 1855 (URL) 4 lines -- but that's a "rule of thumb" and not something written in stone (I think 'rn' or some other newsreader I used once upon a time enforced it, however). I'm (...) (21 years ago, 30-May-03, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: Help: Re: review: LEGO '99

David Schilling: (...) Correct. (...) The first one is slightly too general. People do refer to part #3001 quite often (but it is mostly other parts that are referenced by number). (...) Seriously. Lugnet has only existed for a year (or is it two?). (...) (25 years ago, 15-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: Attack of the star wars sales :)

(...) Well...I have suggested in the past that this should be done...and been shouted down about it by US posters...This was the only way of getting my point across that I could find. (...) No complaints...though from what I can tell, (...) (22 years ago, 26-Apr-02, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Some suggestions

I know I've made these in the past, but I don't have time to dig up the original threads, so I'll just repost the suggestions for reference in the new list: Have a way for a member to view a list of all un-authenticated posts. This list could (...) (20 years ago, 30-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: neither sponsored nor endorsed by the LEGO Company? (was : Re: an update -- and an apology)

(...) We hope to change the text on the homepage as soon as we have more information from Brad and his counsel/attorney(s) about exactly what the donation means in his mind. His letter which accompanied the donation mentioned that it was "made with (...) (24 years ago, 3-May-00, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Some suggestions regarding post authentication

Here are some ideas for making the authentication system easier to use: 1. Add a web page where we can view all "currently pending" messages. It should have the usual "Brief | Compact | All" options, with the default being "Brief". By each one have (...) (23 years ago, 3-Apr-02, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: posting failure?

(...) Well, this bug is certainly interesting. (Thank you for discovering this, BTW.) I've got the problem narrowed down to a file size limitation of approximately 16.5 KB in an NNTP connection library. I know that it's not a bug somewhere in the (...) (26 years ago, 8-Feb-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: Message indexing awry?

(...) René and I are actively discussing options here - however at this stage it would be far too early to promise anything. As it stands, Lugnet-posts are not exactly easy to maintain and even a members-only edit function would bear a couple of (...) (18 years ago, 28-Nov-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: take a piece, leave a piece -- traveling box of LEGO

I am not real good at brainstorming but I just thought of a couple. How about... .lugbox .lugbricks .lugabs I just thought that the box would be "lugged" around quite a bit and this is "Lugnet". Anyway this is my first post to this string but I have (...) (25 years ago, 11-Jul-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: Announcing FTX for discussion groups

(...) OK, that's fine. It's supposed to be readable as raw ASCII in newsreaders. (...) I'm not sure what you mean. Plain text doesn't imply assumptions about character sets. You can have UTF8 or US-ASCII or ISO-8859-1 all in plain text. All of the (...) (21 years ago, 28-May-03, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

mail
(score: 1.405)

More:  Next Page >>