 Administrative / Search Results: internet mail service
 Results 1801 – 1820 of 2225.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: BUG -- error posting when Followup-To header contains whitespace

(...) This is definitely a bug in your newsreader. No spaces are allowed in the Newsgroups header. It is probably also a bug in the NNTP server, since NNTP servers should be robust and able to handle simple errors in the article headers. Play well, (...) (26 years ago, 12-Jan-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: Member Status

(...) Allan, When you say that your credit card has been charged, do you mean that your credit card company confirms that PayPal charged it and transferred the money to your PayPal account? Any credit card issues are stictly between you and PayPal (...) (24 years ago, 25-Jan-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Searching Lugnet web sites

Hi, I'm wondering how (or perhaps why not) I search or browse through member created web pages? It looks like the facility for users to create their own pages on lugnet is excellent (good job guys!) yet I could not find a good way to find other (...) (24 years ago, 26-Feb-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: CLSotW - help wanted

(...) Yes, a commmittee of people on tap seems ideal. May I suggest that we lengthen the cycle so that there is a weeks delay between the vote and when the site is posted. That builds up a buffer of time. Now, with that buffer, work the committee (...) (23 years ago, 21-Apr-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: Problems with Outlook Express and LUGNet

Jaco van der Molen <jmolen@zonnet.nl> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:HFJroM.1wHq@lugnet.com... (...) I too. I'm happy to see that this isn't a problem of mine. I first registered it nearly a week ago at cad.mlcad. But today the same problem with (...) (21 years ago, 27-May-03, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.cad)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: LUGNET Posting Policy Update

(...) Kelly set .terms on purpose, by the precedent that Suz set when she announced ((URL) the "New Policy on Bickering in LUGNET Newsgroups", not by mistake. I've reset the FUT there to keep things together (there is already another followup there) (...) (20 years ago, 28-Dec-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.terms)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: Lar's hoppers

(...) I like this name of the choices. Not everything that is in off-topic.fun is necessarily funny. It's the intent that matters, people posting there are TRYING to be funny. Some of us are just better at it than others. So puns belong with fun. If (...) (25 years ago, 28-Apr-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: Ebay auction advice

(...) read, (...) Well, my credits portion is rather elaborate, I see it as a way to generate pr for the various sites and make it clear what great resources they are. I also make it pretty darn clear where I got my stuff from and what my policies (...) (25 years ago, 13-Jan-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Minor tweak

I agree the red "Posting Message" is a good thing, and the preview, etc. setup is very good. I don't even want to think about going back to a regular newsgroup format - I don't even have newsgroups installed on my PC anymore. Kudos on your great (...) (24 years ago, 8-Sep-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: Posting Dates (Was: The Care and Feedng of Your Trademark (Was: Community Policing...))

(...) Indeed! My most abject apologies Scott. Had I caught that error in the posting scheme, I would never have responded as I did! Again, my apologies! Thank you Rob, for catching that mistake. Admins: What is the deal with this? Is it a function (...) (23 years ago, 28-Feb-02, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.nntp)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: Mentors (was: Re: Jonathan Wilson's posting privileges on LUGNET)

(...) Yes. The web being as universal as it is today, it doesn't bother me much that the volunteer moderators have to do their tasks via a web interface you provide. That's the only minus really. On the (minor) plus side is the fact that you don't (...) (25 years ago, 18-Aug-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: posting privileges to 1000steine-members revoked!?

(...) That's effective in general for running forums, boards, groups, guestbooks etc. in Germany. (...) No, on the contrary, I said, that I can not remember when I deleted an insult the last time. I think it was before I have written down the Terms (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.general) !

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: Informal CFD: robotics competition newsgroup(s)

(...) But: (1) The whole point in the first place of linking ba-lego@cinnamon.com with lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf was to bring those two particular pre-existing groups together. If ba-lego@cinnamon.com was echoed over in a .mailing-echo.* hierarchy, then (...) (26 years ago, 20-Jan-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: Jonathan Wilson's posting privileges on LUGNET

(...) You might be able to, after all. According to your NNTP headers, You appear to be using Netscape 4.03 for Win95: X-Mailer: Mozilla 4.03 [en] (Win95; I) I'm not too familiar with that version, but I know that 4.5 has sig-file capability: In the (...) (25 years ago, 19-Aug-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.cad.dev)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: 2000 Catalog scans - TLC stance

James Brown: [ LEGO retailer catalogues ] (...) I have seen them in at least two Danish stores. They are definitely not made generally available to the costumers. But on the other hand, they don't appear to be any more secret than that retailers (...) (25 years ago, 12-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: Emacs (was: Re: Eudora bug rears its ugly head again)

(...) I actually use MEW here, it's very very nice... basicly working as a frontend to mh. (...) heh, as I get about 300 msgs a day anyhow, it doesn't make much of a difference... that's why TheGreatHand created filters :) when I want, I just go to (...) (25 years ago, 16-Feb-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: Suggested Change in Charter for ALL Lugnet Theme Groups.

On top of this I also believe we should be allowed to post any trade's in the Theme groups also, as long as you are posting in the proper genre. I don't believe all the info should be in there, though you can post an intent and do the rest by e-mail (...) (25 years ago, 7-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.council, lugnet.general)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: Netscape is annoying....

(...) Hrmmm....nope....no extra buttons here....just the one (...) No siree....straight from ftp.netscape.com :) (...) hehe....I know - me neither. Okay sorry this isn't in .test but I used the "reply to newsgroup" option from the right-click menu (...) (24 years ago, 3-Jan-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: Email Authentication - Why not make it optional?

(...) Shiri, This *doesn't* solve the problem for people who don't have access to a browser to authenticate their posts. It also doesn't solve the problem of people who compose a bunch of posts off-line, then dial-up to send them. These people now (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.general)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Re: // and ** vs {} and [] (was: testing in rtl...)

(...) Can't speak for Mozilla, but OEQuotefix doesn't react on the above line (or any other of Brian's suggestions), it seems to only process special characters at the beginning, and ending, of a word, and does nothing if special chars overlap, like (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jun-03, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.admin.nntp)

mail
(score: 1.405)

More:  Next Page >>