 Administrative / Search Results: internet mail service
 Results 1721 – 1740 of 2225.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Possible crawler-bot alert?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dan Boger" <dan@peeron.com> (...) is (...) change (...) post, (...) Oh, I see. I have actually changed my posting setup to include the block, but cannot send e-mail out using the block, as my mail server will not (...) (23 years ago, 5-Feb-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.085)

  Re: Possible crawler-bot alert?

(...) Are you still getting the Edventures mail? Because they seem to have gone more places than just LUGNET, I was getting their spam at all of the BricksWest addresses (which I don't use to post anywhere, though they may be mentioned in the body (...) (23 years ago, 1-Feb-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.084)

  Re: Non ISO charaters (was Re: Community Policing is a Good Thing(TM) (Was: Re: Do you think there i

(...) Hee-hee...no offense taken! I understand, 'cuz here's what your mail link looks like on my Macintosh: Fredrik =?iso-8859-1?q?Gl=F6ckner?= <fredrik.glockner@bio.uio.no> (...) I'm web interface, and of course, it looks just fine to me posting or (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.084)

  Re: Do you think there is a market for your MOCs on eBay? Please discuss...

(...) Scott, Here is what I've taken from your post: 1. Larry is a twit because he missed the point (which was....?). 2. You want to point out that you are tired of Larry's attitude 3. You want to point out that you are tired of Larry's control over (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general) !!

mail
(score: 1.084)

  Non ISO charaters (was Re: Community Policing is a Good Thing(TM) (Was: Re: Do you think there is a market))

(...) I've been addressing this issue before, but I think it is about time to pick it up again. Matthew, I'm using your article as an example, no offence! I frequently see the use of characters which are not in the ISO 8859-1 character set on (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.084)

  Re: Possible crawler-bot alert?

"Kevin Wilson" <kwilson_tccs@compuserve.com> skrev i meddelandet news:GqtyyH.6A3@lugnet.com... (...) Nope, both debtreduction and asian-language are dropping in on my mail, in the order of 2-4 each day. This started suddenly (after Christmas?), and (...) (23 years ago, 1-Feb-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.084)

  Re: Possible crawler-bot alert?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dan Boger" <dan@peeron.com> (...) to (...) Dan, Question regarding this. I mostly post to LUGNET via e-mail. I just tried doing so using a spamblock in my reply-to header. This works fine, but my From: field still (...) (23 years ago, 5-Feb-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.083)

  Re: Posting Dates

(...) ?? Wouldn't it show up in their mail on the day it actually got posted rather than the day it was sent, queued up and was intended to be posted? A mail interface person who didn't closely check the date on the mail, or a newsreader person (...) (23 years ago, 28-Feb-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.083)

  Two new CAD development newsgroups: LCD (LEGO Connection Database) and Macintosh

Two new CAD (Computer Aided Design) software development newsgroups have just been created for the discussion of new CAD software projects. CHARTER/PURPOSE ===...=== -> lugnet.cad.dev.lcd (group): LDraw Connection Database forum: in-depth technical (...) (23 years ago, 8-Feb-02, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.lcd, lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

mail
(score: 1.083)

  Suggestion for -.loc. pages

I hope this is the right place to post this. It would be really nice for people to be able to connect if there were a link in the -.loc. pages to show all the lugnet members that were in that locality. Regards, Steve Martin IndyLUG (23 years ago, 13-Mar-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.083)

  E-mail authentication statistics?

Hi there! I'm just curios, has the e-mail autentication thingie caught any ugly messages? I did a search in the administrative groups and the newest post seems to be seven months old. I know I've used option number two a couple of times but not any (...) (23 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.082)

  Re: Darth Joules' alias (was: Re: Won't you give me one more try?)

(...) Massive confusion: what difference does it make whether or not spammers have your full name? They'll cheerfully send you mail even if they don't know your name. (I should know---I'm currently getting spam at all my addresses (including the (...) (23 years ago, 15-Feb-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.082)

  Re: Posting Dates (Was: The Care and Feedng of Your Trademark (Was: Community Policing...))

(...) Hmm, I thought it was a function of when one gets around to approving or cancelling messages via the mail interface, *as well as* when that mail gets delivered. Scott has in the past related that he often waits a while (up to several days??) (...) (23 years ago, 28-Feb-02, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

mail
(score: 1.082)

  Re: Mail posting (was Re: Unable to connect via NNTP)

(...) [snip] (...) correct me if I'm wrong, but you're trying to send a message via mail, not via nntp, right? from what you posted it seems like your mail server was not able to look up the correct DNS entry for LUGNET (Failed MX lookup; try again (...) (23 years ago, 2-Apr-02, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

mail
(score: 1.081)

  Re: E-mails due to Lugnet inventories

(...) If it does not have an link to some site selling things or an offer it can't be traditional spam so I'd e-mail him back and ask. Sounds like a big misunderstanding, probably due to lack of language skills. /Tobbe (URL) (23 years ago, 18-Feb-02, to lugnet.db.inv, lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.081)

  E-mails due to Lugnet inventories

In the past 24 hours I have received three e-mails from a Michael Chiaravalloti (theoliver50@hotmail.com) requesting that I send him, free of charge, several pieces from sets I have inventoried and posted to lugnet.db.inv. I am not entirely sure how (...) (23 years ago, 18-Feb-02, to lugnet.db.inv, lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.081)

  Totally inappropriate pic link given with no warning whatever.

(...) Yes, why indeed... I would posit that you would have served the entire community a lot better by dropping a note to Kevin about this pic instead of posting a link to it to ***.GENERAL***, for goodness sake, with nary a word of warning that (...) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.081)

  ? ... (Shooting the messenger)

(...) <snip> (...) I did what I could to make a bad situation better. I didn't know what else to do but knew that resolution was needed. I just wanted to find help, and didn't know how else to do it. Seemed like the best "common sense" at that (...) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.081)

  Re: Posting Dates

(...) Oops...ought to clarify for readers that this is a web interface problem. Obviously those having the messages delivered via newsgroup or e-mail would not see this as a new message...it would just show up by date where it belongs in their (...) (23 years ago, 28-Feb-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.081)

  Re: Newish Idea for LUGNET [was Re: TLC sends people to www.brickself.com]

In lugnet.admin.database, Thomas Garrison writes: [snip post (URL) thanks for your comments! My propper reply will take longer than I have right now, but I just want to leave a few facts w/you, regarding the db.. - There are admin notes in the set (...) (23 years ago, 22-Feb-02, to lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.080)

More:  Next Page >>