 Administrative / Search Results: internet mail service
 Results 1221 – 1240 of 2225.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Jonathan Wilson's posting privileges on LUGNET

(...) There is also no reason to even think about requiring that, is there? Nobody really thinks typing a few extra characters manually at the end of a post or e-mail makes the thing any more or less personal, do they? It really ISN'T like signing a (...) (25 years ago, 19-Aug-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.406)

  Re: Auto-reply on admin accounts@lugnet.com

(...) which would only work if the reciever end is set up to reply to those - which most mail servers do not... I guess the only real way to be sure it hasn't been lost (somewhere in the folders of mail) is to ping (politely) after a reasonable (...) (22 years ago, 10-May-02, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

mail
(score: 1.406)

  Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings

(...) To further your own analogy: Why don't you use your work e-mail here? Probably because LUGNET is part of your "home life" and not your "work life". Your employeer may (or may not) want their name associated with LUGNET. Your employeer may even (...) (24 years ago, 17-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.admin.nntp)

mail
(score: 1.406)

  Re: Message indexing awry?

"Gereon "Jerry" Stein" <jerry@lugnet.com> wrote in message news:J9FKBL.Bx9@lugnet.com... (...) How about considering the current LUGNET system to be made into (I don't know the exact word I'm after) an 'archive-read-only' system, and migrating (...) (18 years ago, 28-Nov-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.406)

  Mutilated DAT-file

On April 12th 1999 I've posted a Dat-file to lugnet.cad.dat@lugnet.com with the mail program MS Outlook Express. The subject was: [Newpart] - #2871, Electric Train 9V Motor Decorative Side Somewhere during the process a big chunk of 85 consecutive (...) (25 years ago, 19-Apr-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.406)

  Not getting authentication e-mails

Is there a problem with authentication e-mails again? I've posted twice via NNTP and not yet received an authentication e-mail, plus I submitted a multiple post authentication request from the web site and have not yet received that e-mail either. (...) (16 years ago, 22-Aug-08, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

mail
(score: 1.406)

  Re: Derek Nold - noldd@adsmachinery.com

(...) Strictly speaking, NNTP servers don't send email. It's possible you're receiving e-mail from the SMTP server gatewayed with the NNTP server. (...) Hmm, I don't see any email addresses at 'adsmachinery.com' or anything matching 'nold' (...) (24 years ago, 29-May-00, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

mail
(score: 1.406)

  Re: Posting (via slrn) w/out confirmation webpage?

(...) You should be able to authenticate by replying to an authentication e-mail that LUGNET sends you, obviating any need for a Web browser. I have no idea what to do (or even how to post) if LUGNET isn't sending that e-mail. HTH, (21 years ago, 17-Jul-03, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

mail
(score: 1.406)

  Re: Posting Dates

(...) Oops...ought to clarify for readers that this is a web interface problem. Obviously those having the messages delivered via newsgroup or e-mail would not see this as a new message...it would just show up by date where it belongs in their (...) (23 years ago, 28-Feb-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.406)

  Re: Almost there...almost there... :-,

(...) cool! just wondering, are you posting through the mail interface (like I do), or is it through NNTP? (...) very cool :) I'm a bit delayed in the cleaning up past (I hate it when work gets in the way!) (...) Sure, go ahead - I don't have a (...) (24 years ago, 12-May-00, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

mail
(score: 1.406)

  Question for Todd Regarding Mark Harrison

G'day, I just got an e-mail from Mark Harrison, in which he informed me that he is unable to post anywhere in lugnet [including the Australian section], and I was wondering 1) What was the reason(s) [if any] behind this blanket ban on his posting 2) (...) (24 years ago, 31-May-00, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.406)

  Re: 7-Eleven and Starbucks

(...) (I tried to email you, but ... of course ... the mail bounced) Uh, Tony, you really ought to fill out the news-posting setup form again for your new email address. (URL) (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.admin.nntp)

mail
(score: 1.406)

  Re: rude (Re: eBay's Auction for America)

(...) The policy above applies. Send detailed mail to: admin@lugnet.com -Suz LUGNET Admin (23 years ago, 17-Oct-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.406)

  Re: Forgotten Password - help!

I have forgotten my password as well, and the e-mail I sent to admin@lugnet.com (on 10/14/02) has gone unanswered also. What are the chances of getting it reset? Play Well!!!! Mike (...) (22 years ago, 5-Nov-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.406)

  HELP! I'm not getting my email

I am subscribed to three newsgroups by mail. I haven't been getting the emails for a week or two. I have posted via the web, but I am not receiving my copy by email. I have verified in my LUGNET set-up that I am subscribed. Also, due to a (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jan-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.406)

  Call for curator requests

If there are any outstanding curatorship requests, please e-mail me at <todd@lugnet.com> and I'll try to get you set up this weekend after the server upgrade. I set up a couple earlier this week but I think there are still others that managed to (...) (22 years ago, 6-Mar-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.admin.curators) !

mail
(score: 1.406)

  Re: Technic sidebar thingie

(...) It seems that NONE of the admins received your e-mail, because the implication I've been reading is that NONE of them would have told you to go ahead. But the point is, you shouldn't need the admins to tell you when you are crossing that line, (...) (18 years ago, 19-Feb-07, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.406)

  Re: WARNING: spam from Helge Viker

Hi all, A message from the offender... I am truly sorry if I have caused any inconvenience for anybody, or offended anyone. This was the first time a sent out a mail to multiple persons like this, and I now realise that it was not a very good idea. (...) (24 years ago, 6-May-00, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

mail
(score: 1.406)

  Re: Lost Instructions

(...) Ya, that oughtta work too. :) Say, I just remembered one thing from cc:Mail -- it puts (or used to -- not sure if it's still the case today) the reply depth count in square brackets between "Re" and ":", i.e.: Re: blah blah blah Re[2]: blah (...) (24 years ago, 13-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.406)

  Why do I not receive some confirmation e-mails?

I'm hoping someone on the admin team can help me. I have been trying all morning to post a message to .space, but I have not yet received the confirmation e-mail. I posted a test message to .off-topic.test, and received the e-mail almost instantly. (...) (20 years ago, 7-Aug-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.406)

More:  Next Page >>