  Search Results: jack stone video
 Results 1321 – 1340 of about 8400.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Gear spacings.

This may be more appropriate for lugnet.technic. There has been postings or listings of these before, but don't let that stop you. You should add the turntable gears (outside is 56t, I think) somehow. I also would rather see the vertical in mixed (...) (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics)

jack
(score: 1.786)

  How to break up multi-dat files?

I apologize for lack of terminology. Here is the question: I downloaded the AT-ST model posted a couple days ago, and want to build it. But it is a "multi" file or whatever they are called, and only has 5 or so parts at the top level. I really want (...) (25 years ago, 16-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

jack
(score: 1.786)

  Re: 8475

Many thanks to John Morgan for putting the pictures up. My question (to John Heins or anyone who can answer) is based on looking at those images. "John Heins" <Johnmhiii@aol.com> wrote in message news:H0rK02.99z@lugnet.com... (...) points (...) Has (...) (22 years ago, 14-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

jack
(score: 1.786)

  Re: What's the right group to ask tool usage questions?

(...) that (...) down. Depends on the location of the GPF, and the version of Windows. NT, which I use, won't even blink. BTW, this is a bug that should be fixed with a "file format unconforming" something, with pointer to the line. (...) submodel (...) (25 years ago, 30-Oct-99, to lugnet.cad)

jack
(score: 1.786)

  Re: Scout Questions

James C. Jones <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> wrote in message news:v01540b01b44f12...121.26]... (...) It got out. (...) to (...) Your wifely problems of off-topic ;-) The reason the Scout is now interesting is because LEGO has announced that they will (...) (25 years ago, 10-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

jack
(score: 1.786)

  Re: New Version of 9V Geared Motor

I too, just got one of these, though it shipped in August from PITSCO. All of the things you mention. I thought I had a bad one. But I am giving it the benefit of the doubt, and it seems to operate well. I have not done a no-load rotation count test (...) (22 years ago, 15-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

jack
(score: 1.786)

  Re: 2 Motors -> 1 axle

Dave Johnson <djohnson@sirius.com> wrote in message news:0FNZ00K0NMSRQ3@...pbi.net... (...) There is no "differential force". At least nothing you could measure. The teeth are skipping because of inertia in the things that are connected to them. (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

jack
(score: 1.786)

  Re: FIRST Lego Leage competition at MSI Chicago

Be advised that there are two competitions sponsored by FIRST. One has been going on for a few years, called the "FIRST Robotics Competition" The other, new this year is FIRST LEGO League. The latter, which is what the original post is about, is (...) (25 years ago, 5-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

jack
(score: 1.786)

  Re: Strengthening Gears

I have never broken a gear. But then, I am a mechanical engineer; I am nice to my gears. But I fry a lot of electronics! My experience is that the torsional stiffness of the axles is the limiting factor of high-torque designs. I have permanently (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.technic)

jack
(score: 1.786)

  Re: Scout vs. RIS 1.5

I have been watching the Scout situation closely, and have been tempted, but if the $50 difference (less with the tower, obviously) I think the RIS is the better choice. It really comes down to whose toy it is. The Scout may be better for the (...) (25 years ago, 24-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

jack
(score: 1.786)

  Re: Bugs in RoboLab?

I thought I would pass on what I have learned. Robolab sends very different code to the RCX than you might assume. For example, "Wait for Rotation" will always clear the rotation sensor first! There are a number of other anomalies, such as the (...) (24 years ago, 30-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

jack
(score: 1.786)

  Re: Melting Point of ABS (Re: Strengthening Gears)

The "service" temperature is the limit at what you should operate it at. The "mold" temperature is how LOW the mold has to be cooled to get a good shot. The "processing" temperature is the temperature the plastic has to be when it enters the mold. (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.technic)

jack
(score: 1.786)

  Re: LEGO RCX Skydivers

Jean auBois <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> wrote in message news:4.2.0.58.199911...ail.com... (...) A bit off topic, but the tie-in is there: The class you speak of is "270" (course number at MIT) a Mechanical Engineering class, the creation of Prof. (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

jack
(score: 1.786)

  FLL 2002 registration opens

For those of us on this list that follow the FIRST LEGO League, either as a coach or participant, the 2002 registration is now open, accessible from www.usfirst.org. They are charging $150 per team registration "up to 10 students", and $50 for the (...) (22 years ago, 2-May-02, to lugnet.robotics)

jack
(score: 1.786)

  Re: Need Balls!

(...) You get 5 balls with the FLL extension set, but the contest uses up to 30 per team, and we are trying to simulate a contest. Of particular interest is whether the bins will get full and start overflowing. The balls are about 1.5 inches in (...) (25 years ago, 22-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

jack
(score: 1.786)

  Re: First Lego League Software

Matthew Miller <mattdm@mattdm.org> wrote in message news:slrn862e08.vrj.....bu.edu... (...) Well, I worked with 4th, 5th, and 6th graders, after school, and with limited computer resources, and believe me, we barely could get time to deal with RCX (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

jack
(score: 1.786)

  Re: Purchasing RCX...Which Version?

You can get 1.0 and 1.5 systems on ebay, but there is some risk and the prices are amazingly high (80-95% of retail). There is not that much difference between the 1.0 and 1.5 kits, and I recommend the latest release, because half of it is a (...) (24 years ago, 18-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.market.shopping)

jack
(score: 1.786)

  Re: user created programs

"Mark Ferris" <markdf2001@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:g59e1v0qegpg0ol...4ax.com... (...) Well, I am one of the people who has stayed away from them despite following this and other lugnet groups, and having several RCX's (and DSDK, DDK). There (...) (22 years ago, 6-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

jack
(score: 1.786)

  Re: Technic RC car (Jake - info?)

I would also like to get more official info on this, but by inspection and from what they have made in the past, it is almost certainly a one-piece receiver, battery pack, drive-and-steer motor combo. It may not even be proportional steering, but it (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

jack
(score: 1.786)

  Re: Pure Energy & the RCX

Robert Munafo <munafo@gcctechNO.SPAMcom> wrote in message news:FLExzw.6yG@lugnet.com... (...) with (...) Ni-Cad (...) It may seem so, but the years of experience with NiCd, and the support for them is much better. For example, most serious packs are (...) (25 years ago, 19-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

jack
(score: 1.786)

More:  Next Page >>