  Search Results: brasso
 Results 81 – 100 of about 350.
Search took 0.00 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: A village challenge winner - Bostonian punk;)

(...) BTW, with all the talk about removing printing from bricks - why not use "brasso" and take off the heiroglyphic print? I haven't experinmented with it (yet) but many people said it worked for them... I might try it too after I get my (...) (25 years ago, 4-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

brasso
(score: 0.840)

  Re: A village challenge winner - Bostonian punk;)

(...) Well... I have a tendancy of not disfiguring my Lego no matter how hideous it may be-- I have no idea why... must be a "purity of Lego" complex... Plus one of my other projects that I want to do someday is have a huge Egyptian temple/tomb... (...) (25 years ago, 4-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

brasso
(score: 0.839)

  All hail Brasso!

Man, when I think of the amount of time I spent on the ufo quarter circles, with rubbing alcohol and gum erasers, and Brasso would have taken the decal of in 2-3 minutes. I have tried it, and it works great! I would not use Q-Tips, though. I tried (...) (25 years ago, 13-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

brasso
(score: 0.839)

  Re: All hail Brasso!

The clouding up is actually supposed to happen. If you read the directions, you are supposed to apply it and then buff it off after it dries. It is intended mainly as a polish, but we happen to use it to clean and remove dirt and other stuff. (...) (25 years ago, 14-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

brasso
(score: 0.839)

  Re: Junk Box #3

(...) Good point. Let's keep the plates mostly to ones that are useable, just not good enough the contributor's collection. With that in mind, probably about half the plates I pulled from Junk Box #1 can go into Junk Box #3, but I will still ask (...) (25 years ago, 9-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)

brasso
(score: 0.838)

  Re: Link to Sandcrawler pic?

(...) every (...) Agreed. TLC *has* to make Jawas at a smaller size than the standard figs. I've made some Jawas using the Obi-Wan hood & cape, an all-black head piece with yellow paint for eyes, on a brown torso (I removed the paint w/brasso from (...) (25 years ago, 11-Feb-00, to lugnet.starwars)

brasso
(score: 0.838)

  FA [eBay] Tan, Dark Grey, and Undead - UPDATE I

Hi all, Just an update with a few "teasers" in case people don't realise what I'm offering in these lots: All-auction List: (URL) [LFB] Large Lot of Large Tan Lego Plates Current bid: $1.00 Auction ends on: Feb-15-00, 21:50:26 PST (URL) steal for 10 (...) (25 years ago, 11-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

brasso
(score: 0.838)

  Re: All hail Brasso!

Robert M. Dye wrote: [snip] (...) When I tried it on some clear pieces it removed the fine scratches OK, but it left the pieces cloudier than they previously were. Does anyone have any solution to this problem? /Eric McCarthy/ (25 years ago, 13-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

brasso
(score: 0.838)

  Re: All hail Brasso!

Did you wash them with soap and water afterwards? I had a sense there was an oily resdiue on them, so I wshed them. (...) (25 years ago, 13-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

brasso
(score: 0.838)

  Re: CHEWIE & C-3PO REVEALED!!!

Correction, the Sting Ray Stormer does four black inverse saucer 1/4 domes, but the Arachnoid Star Base only has two. However, it's worth it to buy two of the ASB's because not only will you get a complete black bottom, you'll also get four (...) (25 years ago, 16-Feb-00, to lugnet.starwars)

brasso
(score: 0.838)

  Re: Is there any way to get pre-applied graphics off of pieces without damaging them?

(...) Yep. Brasso is the popular one among AFOLs. Personally I haven't tried yet. Lack of time and pieces that need print- removal (that's a good thing, I guess :) Search keyword 'brasso' for previous posts about best ways to use it... Good Luck! (...) (25 years ago, 4-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

brasso
(score: 0.838)

  Re: Cleaning discolored white bricks

Hey, I'm no expert! I just got some Brasso about a week ago. It does take a long time, but a half hour is WAY too long. I found that you have to use a CLEAN surface. If its dirty, it doesn't seem to work. I started with a rag, but it got crap all (...) (25 years ago, 9-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

brasso
(score: 0.837)

  Re: less messy getting rid of the print on minifigs

Brasso... or any petroleum based (non pumice) hand cleaner used for cleaning greasy hands. GoJo and Fast Orange used to make something like this- I'm not sure if they still do. Turpentine also works... EC (25 years ago, 10-Mar-00, to lugnet.build.minifigs)

brasso
(score: 0.837)

  Re: What non-LEGO entities are lurking in your LEGO collection?

Brad, What was that about using Brasso to clean discolored white pieces?????? How does it work??? Please reply Power on, Andrew (25 years ago, 7-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

brasso
(score: 0.837)

  Re: Is there any way to get pre-applied graphics off of pieces without damaging them?

(...) Well, I've used said Brasso on UFO panels, and it works rather well. It leaves the pieces slightly less shiny, with a windshield-like moire pattern when held in the light (from directional strokes with the micro-abrasive), but it works very (...) (25 years ago, 4-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

brasso
(score: 0.837)

  Re: Cleaning discolored white bricks

Brad, let me get this straight. You're saying it's better to put a coat of brasso on, let it dry, then wipe it off the brick? That takes out the discoloration faster? What would you use for the tops of the bricks to get in between the stubs? (...) (25 years ago, 9-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

brasso
(score: 0.836)

  Re: less messy getting rid of the print on minifigs

Hi CJ, (...) Well, the Xacto does leave marks. It's probably most useful for small, detailed removals and not total-print remover. (For example, for taking off a microphone off the Jet face the Xacto is excellent.) <snip> (...) Brasso works well (...) (25 years ago, 10-Mar-00, to lugnet.build.minifigs)

brasso
(score: 0.836)

  Re: What non-LEGO entities are lurking in your LEGO collection?

I posted a message about 2 days ago on this subject (look upwards in your news browser about 15 messages). Brasso is a brass cleaner that you can pick up at any hardware or similar store. You rub it on with cotton or an old rag and it takes the (...) (25 years ago, 7-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

brasso
(score: 0.836)

  Re: What non-LEGO entities are lurking in your LEGO collection?

I wonder if they were attempting to clean the plates with the belt-sander. Before I discovered Brasso, sanding was a desparation move for rare white pieces that were discolored or dirty. Erik Olson <olsone@spamcop.net> wrote in message (...) (25 years ago, 7-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

brasso
(score: 0.836)

  Cleaning discolored white bricks

Brad, I'm hoping you read this. IT WORKS!!!!!!!! I was in a state of shock but the brasso works. A couple of questions though: 1) Is it possible to clean them any faster, perhalps with a tool or scrub brush? I was rubbing some bricks for a good half (...) (25 years ago, 9-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

brasso
(score: 0.836)

More:  Next Page >>