(...) I use Brasso and a soft cloth or paper towel, and a lot of patience...it leaves traces and gives "grain" to the shine of the piece, but the end result isn't too bad. It's not, however, quite as nice as the originally-unprinted UFO panels as a (...) (25 years ago, 18-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

brasso
(score: 0.842)

  Re: New sets, pictures at lego.com

(...) I'm not *quite* that excited, but I am looking forward to getting some of these. For the parts though. :) (...) Or a giant mutated rabbit that goes on a rampage through your minifig community! :) (...) Too bad it doesn't come with any green (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.belville)

brasso
(score: 0.842)

  In Praise of Brasso (was: Cool Score -- "Vintage" LEGO!)

(...) Brasso, indeed! I bought a tin of Brasso last night at Wal*Mart for under $3 and tried it out. It easily removed the black magic marker (except where the ink had been worked into cracks, scratches, and tooth marks) in less than a minute per (...) (24 years ago, 26-Apr-00, to lugnet.general)

brasso
(score: 0.842)

  Re: Dark Gray Tanker

(...) No, a double negative would be "I wouldn't not use Brasso just because it might dull the parts a bit." (25 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

brasso
(score: 0.841)

  Re: Dark Gray Tanker

Very nice! Now all you have to do is take some Brasso or NevrDull to the printing on the half-domes ;-) (...) -- | Tom Stangl, Technical Support Netscape Communications Corp | Please do not associate my personal views with my employer (25 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

brasso
(score: 0.841)

  Re: Quarter-dome UFO Hulls, No Print

(...) yes, i always give the pieces a good rinse in cool water afterward. the brasso becomes a chalky residue that rinses off. later ~ craig~ (...) (25 years ago, 18-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

brasso
(score: 0.841)

  Re: Dark Gray Tanker

(...) I've heard the above double-negative form used quite often--but it's usually combined with a modulation or inflection, where the NOT is stressed to set it in opposition to an assertion made immediately prior, such as: Person A: "I wouldn't (...) (25 years ago, 22-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

brasso
(score: 0.841)

  Brasso works great for cleaning and graphics removal!

I recently posted a question on how to clean old LEGO parts and remove graphics from new ones. The universal answer was to use Brasso. I picked some up and it worked great on clear and non-clear pieces. Here are the results: White, Juniorized 1x1x5 (...) (25 years ago, 5-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

brasso
(score: 0.841)

  Re: All hail Brasso!

Please I am dying to see if Brasso is as good as everyone says, but I am to chicken to try it myself. Has anyone made a picture comparing a brassoed (excuse me while I verb) tile to a new tile. If you have I would love to see it. If you need a place (...) (25 years ago, 15-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

brasso
(score: 0.841)

  Brasso does the trick!

Brad Hamilton <bhamilto1@home.com> wrote in message news:FqvqAz.LJo@lugnet.com... (...) (25 years ago, 4-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

brasso
(score: 0.841)

  Brasso does the trick pt. II

It works best if you use cotton balls in conjuction with it. It will leave a slight pattern but it's better than having all that silly-looking paint all over the place! Dave Brad Hamilton <bhamilto1@home.com> wrote in message (...) (25 years ago, 4-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

brasso
(score: 0.841)

  Re: Brasso works great for cleaning and graphics removal!

I just did three old space police windshields. These are 4-studs wide, clear-green, about 5 studs high, say "space police" with bars and bow outwards and then back in. I had felt these parts would be useless forever. After polishing them and (...) (25 years ago, 5-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

brasso
(score: 0.840)

  Re: Attention Lego Group: Children don't like juniorization, either!

(...) It's gotten to the point where I have two bags of heads: Generic and Special (also known as Useless). The Generic bag holds heads that can be used on lots(1) of figs in many themes and includes Classic Smileys, Female heads, Star Wars heads, (...) (25 years ago, 18-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

brasso
(score: 0.840)

  Re: Quarter-dome UFO Hulls, No Print

craig hamilton wrote in message ... (...) NOONE (...) print (...) I bought an extra set of a UFO set, just to get off the saucer printings without regrets. I used a pencil eraser. It worked but was very hard work. I didn't even finish all the (...) (25 years ago, 19-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

brasso
(score: 0.840)

  Re: If Lego made new Town sets... what should they be?

Kevin Wilson <70641.507@compuserve.com> wrote in message <385AFF77.E7AD3E9A@c...ve.com>... (...) [snip!] (...) Here's my top ten (in no particular order): 1. Radio-telescope station. This would be especially nice if it was modular so you could buy (...) (25 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.town)

brasso
(score: 0.840)

  Re: What kind of paint on Lego?

(...) I just bought some Testors enamel paint for some detailing--I'm going to Brasso off some "Sam Sinister" torsos and make more naval officers. However, I understand that water acrylic works OK too. best Lindsay (25 years ago, 25-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

brasso
(score: 0.840)

  Some Lego cleaning experiments

A few weeks ago a family member sent me a big box of old legos that I had played with as a kid (we're talking 26 yr old lego - boy guess that dates me doesn't it). I was so excited to see those blue rails, red lattice fences and neat old windows. I (...) (25 years ago, 23-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

brasso
(score: 0.840)

  Customizing Subgroup (was Re: Some Lego cleaning experiments)

A 1/4 part bleach to 3/4 parts water -- or some other milder conconction of bleach to water -- used on white, grey, or clear bricks and left to soak for 1- 2 weeks will absolutely work. I have done it, I know it for a fact that it works. The result (...) (25 years ago, 24-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

brasso
(score: 0.840)

  Re: Brasso works great for cleaning and graphics removal!

(...) hey brad ~ sounds like you did a great job! the residual pattern that others mentioned means that a bit more rubbing needs to be done, i think. i use an old t-shirt rather than cotton balls though. later ~ craig~ (25 years ago, 5-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

brasso
(score: 0.840)

More:  Next Page >>