  Search Results: brasso
 Results 141 – 160 of about 350.
Search took 0.00 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: I need bulk mini-figs cheap

(...) Buy figs of the same color, regardless of pattern, and erase the pattern using Brasso. Lots of work, so if maintaining the semi-gloss isn't important, use a very fine sand papaer. Then you can make stickers using your inkjet printer and Avery (...) (23 years ago, 25-Apr-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.games, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

brasso
(score: 0.203)

  Re: BrickTopia Public Library

Thanks for the compliments. Actually, I have no clue where I got that American flag. I've had it for a long time. Anyone know where these came from? Yes - The 4x4x6 curved panels were very time consuming to "clean" with Brasso! Brad Josh Baakko (...) (23 years ago, 12-Apr-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.town, lugnet.build.arch)

brasso
(score: 0.202)

  Re: Cutting "Moon surface" baseplate? (Was: 8x16 baseplate colors?)

(...) Note that Brasso takes off permanent marker pretty good, of course I think the area inside the craters is somewhat textured so it may be more work, but I agree, cut up a 48x48 baseplate before you cut up anything else. (24 years ago, 4-Apr-01, to lugnet.general)

brasso
(score: 0.201)

  Erasing minifigs

I tried removing the printing on a minifig torso using Brasso yesterday. It worked, but it was a lot of work. I'm almost convinced it was the rubbing and not the Brasso that did the trick. Has anyone discovered an easier way to do this, chemically? (...) (24 years ago, 30-Mar-01, to lugnet.build.minifigs)

brasso
(score: 0.201)

  Re: Does anybody know ...?

(...) Not decals, no. But some Brasso and a cloth will take the paint off. Joel J (24 years ago, 29-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

brasso
(score: 0.201)

  Re: Tank Car Mania Continues

(...) Hello, I just thought I would add my 2 cents here. I use to use Brasso without pre-sanding and as a lot of people noted that takes an incredibly long time and is hard on the fingers and the sinuses. Then I went to 600 grit sandpaper which (...) (24 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

brasso
(score: 0.199)

  Re: Tank Car Mania Continues

Well, I have 64 of the white panels now (and I still have about 20 of the R2D2s & C3P0s after giving some to my daughters class). Brasso and Toothpaste and Goof-Off all took too long and left me with a headache. The hand sander with a light grit did (...) (24 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

brasso
(score: 0.199)

  Re: Tank Car Mania Continues

(...) <snip> (...) Nice work. If you like that sort of thing (8 wide... :-) ) or even if you don't! Thanks for sharing these. Tell us about the sanding! Did you consider using Brasso like everyone else seems to? Do you think you took much actual (...) (24 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

brasso
(score: 0.199)

  Re: Newsgroup structure: some tough decisions

(...) I like the idea, so I'm piping up now ;~). One of the main reasons we asked for .org.au was to stop Australian .market-style flogs from getting lost in the USian traffic. This was always (IMHO) a fairly awkward solution, and I don't think it (...) (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.org.au)

brasso
(score: 0.199)

  Re: Emerald Chapel

Some people were asking where I got all those trans-green pieces: The large trans green corner at the back of my cathedral comes in 6199. This set has 2 of them. You may be able to find this for half price in the stores. I've also seen them on (...) (24 years ago, 9-Mar-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.town)

brasso
(score: 0.198)

  Re: NASA Space Shuttle and crawler (preview)

"J. Spencer Rezkalla" <srezkall@mich.com> wrote in message news:3AA453AF.69A349...ich.com... (...) Thanks! This is a little embarrassing, but I didn't actually know that the crawler could separate from the pad... :-( My knowledge of the crawler (...) (24 years ago, 6-Mar-01, to lugnet.space)

brasso
(score: 0.198)

  Re: My School of Design and Architecture

(...) It looks like he used Brasso on the UCS TIE cockpit trans-smoke dome. Rich -- Have Fun! C-Ya! Legoman34 ***** Legoman34 (Richard W. Schamus)... (My views do not necessarily express the views of my employer...) Card carrying LUGNET MEMBER: #70 (...) (24 years ago, 25-Feb-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.town)

brasso
(score: 0.198)

  Great Lego "Restoration" tip: Trans Yellow Classic Space

I saw a posting elsewhere on Lugnet in which someone had used a metal polish called "Brasso" to remove the lego applied graphics to a new Star Wars set ( escape pod). I have used brasso before and it is a very mild abrasive polish and I tried it on (...) (24 years ago, 22-Feb-01, to lugnet.space)

brasso
(score: 0.197)

  Re: My School of Design and Architecture

That's a brasso'd canopy from the UCS Tie Fighter. It looks like CRAP in the stock configuration, but when you Brasso off all the hokey looking gray printing on it, it looks really fantastic! This set was on sale at TRU a while back for $80 or (...) (24 years ago, 25-Feb-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.town)

brasso
(score: 0.197)

  Re: Brasso alternative

What kind of toothpaste,Do you have the brand name? Gary (Who is REALY sick of Brasso) Bill Farkas <wolfe65@msn.com> wrote in message news:G8KosJ.Cqy@lugnet.com... (...) with (...) print. (...) (24 years ago, 11-Feb-01, to lugnet.general)

brasso
(score: 0.197)

  UCS Tie canopy looks great after Brasso'ing

The UCX Tie canopy has a bunch of cheezy printing all over that doesn't look realistic and forces you to use it exactly for that. I used Brasso to clean all that off and now it looks great! It is really pretty in the trans-dark-gray. It goes nicely (...) (24 years ago, 24-Feb-01, to lugnet.starwars)

brasso
(score: 0.197)

  Brasso alternative

I was putting together a few minifigs tonight with parts from my mini-morgue. I needed a plain red torso, and all I had was one red one with some print on it - and no brasso! Then I remembered that toothpaste is mildly abrasive, so I put a little (...) (24 years ago, 11-Feb-01, to lugnet.general)

brasso
(score: 0.197)

  Re: Brasso alternative

(...) I used Arm & Hammer's Advance White - Baking Soda with Micro-Polishers *plus* Tatar Control!! Oh...and did I mention "Clean Fresh Taste?!" Tartar control pastes are a little more abrasive than others and is probably why it worked so well. (...) (24 years ago, 11-Feb-01, to lugnet.general)

brasso
(score: 0.197)

  Re: Brasso alternative

(...) [cut to shot of Bill getting caught licking a UFO saucer section clean...] Well, that's what *I'd* do, anyhow. Nothing like minty fresh UFOs! And what better way to test that toxicity thing? best LFB (24 years ago, 11-Feb-01, to lugnet.general)

brasso
(score: 0.197)

  Re: Creator scourge strikes again!

(...) You don't have dogheaded monsters in your castle set-ups Frank? Shame on you!! It looks like Creator heads have the same connection as Belville, Technic and Fabuland (and Scala?): see (URL) With a bit of Brasso/craftknife work on the torsos (...) (24 years ago, 5-Feb-01, to lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.general)

brasso
(score: 0.195)

More:  Next Page >>