  Search Results: amy hughes church
 Results 1221 – 1240 of about 3100.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Ornithopter

I got all warm and fuzzy just reading the heading on this one - I've been re-reading Dune over the last couple of days - it's sort of like slipping on my comfiest old sweatshirt. Amy, what you've built is so totally divergent from what I imagined (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jan-02, to lugnet.space)

amy
(score: 1.329)

  Re: Fixing the world (was Re: Ldraw cannon

Larry Pieniazek wrote in message <366C4892.B09B99C3@c...AM.com>... (...) I do think that people have a sense of right and wrong, and that when they do wrong they usually know it. But if people are good, then they should choose to do good. We have (...) (26 years ago, 7-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

church
(score: 1.329)

  Re: Geez, its hard to stomach all of this

(...) No. I go to church too, believe it or not. Let me explain. Tom was close. I am prone to throwaway lines that don't explain in detail what I meant, and it's a consistent problem I have. Everyone should feel free to call me on it, too. What I (...) (26 years ago, 21-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

church
(score: 1.328)

  Re: My version -- The meaning of CHRISTmas

People have been celebrating winter solstice since well before the start of Judaeism, much less Christianity. The early expropriation of that holiday by the Christian church was one of the greatest marketing ploys of the first millenium. I'm happy (...) (26 years ago, 12-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

church
(score: 1.328)

  Re: My version -- The meaning of CHRISTmas

(...) I don't mention this to be overly agumentative, but the celebration(s) that were common during the Christmas-time of year were around long before Christ. While there were several festivals during the latter half of December in Rome, focusing (...) (26 years ago, 12-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

church
(score: 1.328)

  Re: My version -- The meaning of CHRISTmas

Also sprach Steve Berry: : Christmas, like it or not folks, is a CHRISTIAN holiday. It exists because : Christ is the savior and this is the day we celebrate his birth. We don't : celebrate Christmas because of decorated trees, lights or over-weight (...) (26 years ago, 12-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

church
(score: 1.328)

  Re: Nonhuman2: Interaction?

i love using non human thngs it makes it a lot cooler. i made som up myself, used existing names from thign, and well jsut had fun foling wth them. they make my setups and evrything better. so here they are. enjoy, and drectquestin to me here, (...) (23 years ago, 24-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw)

amy
(score: 1.328)

  Re: The meaning of Christmas (was Re: Christmas Train update

(...) Thanks, but please no idol worship (or idle worship either, for that matter).... My feet are made of clay. :-) (and still have brick imprints from the last time I stepped on one). However, if I WERE a god, why then, I'd have all the train (...) (26 years ago, 17-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

church
(score: 1.328)

  Re: Geez, its hard to stomach all of this

(...) ...<snip>... (...) Its an electronic symbol of the Ischtus (I think?) Fish, Christians put them on their cars (at least in the US). It was a symbol the apostles used in the early church, etc. You see then plain, with Jesus in the middle, and (...) (26 years ago, 21-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

church
(score: 1.327)

  Re: Geez, its hard to stomach all of this

(...) ...<snip>... (...) Its an electronic symbol of the Ischtus (I think?) Fish, Christians put them on their cars (at least in the US). It was a symbol the apostles used in the early church, etc. You see then plain, with Jesus in the middle, and (...) (26 years ago, 21-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

church
(score: 1.327)

  Re: Geez, its hard to stomach all of this

Also sprach Tim Courtney: : Its an electronic symbol of the Ischtus (I think?) Fish, Christians put them : on their cars (at least in the US). It was a symbol the apostles used in the : early church, etc. You see then plain, with Jesus in the (...) (26 years ago, 21-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

church
(score: 1.327)

  Re: Geez, its hard to stomach all of this

(...) I don't feel a need for a God of anysort in my life. But I do plan to go to church this christmas. Partly because there are a lot of things that do appeal to me, and partly because my friends like to celebrate christmas with me. And yes, those (...) (26 years ago, 22-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

church
(score: 1.327)

  Re: Geez, its hard to stomach all of this

(...) Presumably, I don't think that's what he meant. I think he means people who go just because "it's a nice place to be" without really taking into account (at least) the real purpose of church attendance. To directly answer your question, I (...) (26 years ago, 22-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

church
(score: 1.327)

  Re: Geez, its hard to stomach all of this

(...) Right as far as it goes, but the reason WHY is that Jesus is often referred to as the fisher of men's souls, and he instructed his apostles to continue his work. (0) One of my all time favorite movies, and my ultimate favorite when chosen from (...) (26 years ago, 21-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

church
(score: 1.327)

  Christian == Catholic? (Was Geez...

(...) I apologise for not being sufficiently precise. Catholicism is a kind of Christianity. But there are offshoots that feel that they are christian that most christians would not feel actually are. The one that springs to mind the quickest is the (...) (26 years ago, 22-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

church
(score: 1.327)

  Re: Geez, its hard to stomach all of this

(...) Well I don't find either of them funny. I see both of them as serious attempts by people to let others know where they stand. I won't ridicule people for using either, as I think it's good to know who I'm dealing with. Someone who is an out (...) (26 years ago, 21-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

church
(score: 1.327)

  Re: Here's the thing...

(...) Actually there's been an overall PC industry goal of legacy free PCs lately (ie, USB and Firewire externally only, so no more IEEE1284 parallel, RS232 serial, PS2 key/mouse etc) and laptops have led the charge. I had to fight to get a Latitude (...) (23 years ago, 31-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

amy
(score: 1.327)

  Re: website

(...) No offense to your layout Amy, but Jason, please kill the frames. Some people don't upgrade, so they still use Netscape and Internet Explorer's below version 3, which doesn't support frames. If it were just a standard page, no frames, it might (...) (23 years ago, 12-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

amy
(score: 1.326)

  Merry Christmas!

Merry christmas! Megan See you real soon, you rock my world! Justin thanks for the many rides to camp Erv Shine on you crazy diamond! Joel be careful! See you soon. Jeremy Don't work too hard, *laugh* Jacob See ya soon, take care. All my A-Rocket (...) (26 years ago, 25-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

church
(score: 1.326)

  Contraption?

Amy--have you heard anything from the ConTraption people yet? Scott, on our new server will the same email addys be set up? Our handout gave events@michlug.com as one address for contacting us. I'm trying to look at my summer schedule and pin some (...) (23 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

amy
(score: 1.326)

More:  Next Page >>