Re: website
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Tue, 12 Feb 2002 15:08:57 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.michlug, Amy Hughes writes:
1) I gave a first pass at editing the membership info (under "About Us"). IMO it
still needs a lot of work, but I'll leave that to the next webmaster. I don't
have the two forms online (they need to be made to look like forms so they can
be printed). Depending on how quickly the site move goes that may also be left
to the next webmaster.

2) I asked for suggestions on how to incorporate both logos in the page and got
no response. I realize helping isn't as glamorous as grabbing control, but I
digress. I didn't figure it out, so I leave that to the next webmaster. My
experiments to make the map logo look decent compared to the excellent LTC logo
also came to not a whole lot.

3) I'm keeping the zip file up-to-date as I make changes. Jason, I recommend
grabbing it just before the move, if you intend to use any of it. The "past
events" is at least worth grabbing for copy-n-paste purposes. It has a lot of
info in it.

I'm now going to make myself scarce, perhaps indefinitely. I can best be
contacted via email.

Amy

No offense to your layout Amy, but Jason, please kill the frames. Some
people don't upgrade, so they still use Netscape and Internet Explorer's
below version 3, which doesn't support frames. If it were just a standard
page, no frames, it might be quicker to load as well. It also negates the
problem about clocik the back button and getting the front page instead of
what you were looking at.

Rick