  Search Results: amy hughes church
 Results 1121 – 1140 of about 3100.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Santorum Fails In His Effort To Pervert The Constitution

(...) Dude, you've flat out told me to stay out of discussions where I've had more authority to participate than you, or where the only person who really had authority to answer was known to be incommunicado at that time. You may not be seeing (...) (20 years ago, 31-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

church
(score: 0.474)

  Re: polygyny in "biblical times"

(...) How many persons? (...) So are public restrooms. Are you against separating those? (...) For what possible reason? That is downright strange. (...) Well, that "church" has some issues. (...) lol "evolution of society"? Are you so sure our (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

church
(score: 0.474)

  Re: Atheism (was: Santorum Fails In His Effort To Pervert The Constitution)

(...) Firstly, I think "common man" is a bit inappropriate here, since it very inaccurately suggests that the majority of Americans are opposed to pledging "Under God" (remember that many non-church-goers still consider themselves to be religious). (...) (20 years ago, 26-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

church
(score: 0.474)

  Re: Santorum Fails In His Effort To Pervert The Constitution

(...) You are missing something. Just because a "right" is not universal does not mean it is therefore exclusive. I cannot deny that the US Constitution could have come out of another religious background, but I can deny that it actually did. You (...) (20 years ago, 26-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

church
(score: 0.474)

  Re: A first step

"Mark Jordan" <mark.jordan@oracle.com> wrote in message news:I1G0KI.vK2@lugnet.com... (...) Congratulations, that is a fun moment. (...) basic (...) she (...) of (...) together. (...) She (...) will give (...) I don't think so. I have four kids (...) (20 years ago, 26-Jul-04, to lugnet.general)

church
(score: 0.474)

  Atheism (was: Santorum Fails In His Effort To Pervert The Constitution)

(...) Gosh, you haven't even begun to see me zealous. :-) (...) And the SC had the opportunity to make a ruling supporting the common man's stance on the wording of the pledge and chose to stick to the limited legal point. While I agree with their (...) (20 years ago, 26-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

church
(score: 0.474)

  Re: polygyny in "biblical times"

(...) The state should recognize marraige as a contract between persons, no matter their sexual affiliation. If the Church wants to put quantifiers on that contract, i.e. one person must be female, and the other must be male, all the power to the (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

church
(score: 0.474)

  Re: polygyny in "biblical times"

(...) I'll admit that it's pretty thin, but there is a distinction nonetheless. By refusing to perform same-sex marriages, the Church is not refusing to perform weddings for gays at all. They're just refusing to perform weddings between them. (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

church
(score: 0.474)

  Re: Santorum Fails In His Effort To Pervert The Constitution

(...) So was I, but it appears to be white-supremecist propoganda, so... (...) Trumped by virtue of the fact that there were movements to include specific mention to Christianity (if not any particular denomination thereof), while there don't appear (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

church
(score: 0.474)

  Re: MOC: Space Police II Prison Train

(...) Pfff, those Super-B Blacktron-wannabes are the vanilla of bad-guys. They need about as much legal supervision as a church youth group. Anyways, I really like the blend between recognizable real-world train structure and futuristic styling, and (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jul-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains)

church
(score: 0.474)

  Re: polygyny in "biblical times"

(...) Marital status is a non-discrimination item, but that doesn't prevent the Catholic church from refusing to marry a divorced person. They can't be required to perform the ceremony if they can't be required to recognize the union, and forcing (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

church
(score: 0.474)

  Re: Santorum Fails In His Effort To Pervert The Constitution

(...) I submit that history shows the strong ties between religion and government by the presence of many state-enforced religions (including Islam in much of the Middle East, the Anglican Church in England, and Atheism in the ex-U.S.S.R.). I submit (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

church
(score: 0.473)

  Re: Santorum Fails In His Effort To Pervert The Constitution

(...) If they're only referring to the bible on the subject of determining punishment, as long as the punishment fits within the legal min/max limits, there are generally no strict legal guidelines for how they are to go about determining what (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

church
(score: 0.473)

  Re: polygyny in "biblical times"

(...) I recognize that the law requires boys to pee in one place and girls to pee in another, but I can't really think of a solid reason that this should be so, other than because people can be quaintly immature about functions involving the (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

church
(score: 0.473)

  Re: Santorum Fails In His Effort To Pervert The Constitution

"Purple Dave" <purpledave@maskofdestiny.com> wrote in message news:I15x8G.s77@lugnet.com... (...) to (...) member of (...) Atheism, (...) While there may not be a "Church of Atheism", I guarantee there are atheist clergy who can and do perform (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

church
(score: 0.473)

  Liberarian presidential candidate stance on Marriage Amendment defeat

Reproduced without explicit permission, but hey, it's a press release, that's the idea. ===...=== NEWS FROM THE LIBERTARIAN PARTY 2600 Virginia Avenue, NW, Suite 100 Washington DC 20037 World Wide Web: (URL) release: July 15, 2004 ===...=== For (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

church
(score: 0.473)

  Re: Santorum Fails In His Effort To Pervert The Constitution

(...) Before I attempt this documentation, can you give me an idea of what would qualify as acceptable to you? Honestly, a scientific theory that can be falsified is, as an explanatory device, superior to non-falsifiable statements of faith, so I (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

church
(score: 0.473)

  Re: polygyny in "biblical times"

"Dave Schuler" <orrex@excite.com> wrote in message news:I15rpI.1v7n@lugnet.com... (...) pee in (...) so, (...) involving the (...) in the (...) I'm with you on this one. I visited a dorm at MIT that had a co-ed bathroom, that had multiple stalls (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

church
(score: 0.473)

  Re: polygyny in "biblical times"

(...) Let's hope not :) If stated so, I have a hunch lots of people would start migrating over to the liberal side :) (...) Well, I doubt that's John's point since I don't think he's interested in making other laws to: - attend church on Sunday - (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

church
(score: 0.473)

  Re: Santorum Fails In His Effort To Pervert The Constitution

snip the redundant redundancy (...) Incorrect, as some churches now support gay marraige, denying them the right to legally marry homosexuals is a violation of their religious freedom. "We have no right to prejudice another in his civil enjoyments (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

church
(score: 0.473)

More:  Next Page >>