  Search Results: Mindstorms redownload firmware
 Results 801 – 820 of about 14000.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Tic-Tac-Toe-bot

(...) This would be a timed game. The winner would be the robot with the lowest average time-per-move. Actually, I was just thinking about it. Even that may not be a good comparison. I think robots should play each other twice, with each going first (...) (19 years ago, 29-Sep-05, to lugnet.org.us.laflrc)

firmware
(score: 0.628)

  Re: Brickworld 2010 Mindstorms competitions

(...) After going around & around with the intent, we decided to make it a "simple" sumo competition. The goal is to push your opponent off the play field. The normal black-sumo-ring-with-white-line is "squished" down so the big black circle (...) (14 years ago, 18-May-10, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.events.brickworld)

mindstorms
(score: 0.627)

  Hey Steve...

First, thought I'd visit this group to see what's up... Anyway, for the GBC--specifically the train portion--Few questions-- did you just connect an RCX to the track? did you use the 2x8 electrical plate to combine all outputs a la Mark Riley's (...) (19 years ago, 28-Sep-05, to lugnet.org.us.laflrc)

firmware
(score: 0.627)

  Re: GBC Questions

(...) Not so far - both Steve & I have run numerous hours of GBC trains (engine plus a couple cars) from a 1.0 RCX. I only noticed two issues: (1) the output area of the RCX does get slightly warm, at least on mine, but never shut down due to (...) (19 years ago, 28-Sep-05, to lugnet.org.us.laflrc)

firmware
(score: 0.627)

  Re: Brickworld 2010 Mindstorms competitions

(...) In reference to the Robot Jousting, It isn't clear in the instructions if 'knocking the other robot off once/IF they meet' is ok or not? I see stuff like 'SUMO on a tightrope' and the word 'Jousting' which makes me think knock away, but then (...) (14 years ago, 18-May-10, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.events.brickworld)

mindstorms
(score: 0.627)

  Swan scheduling bug?

I'm starting to use the swan firmware and I'm having a problem with the scheduling. It seems like a task with a long wait does not yield properly to other tasks. Here the NQC code sample: task taska() { WaitMS(150); AddToDatalog(9900); } task main() (...) (19 years ago, 22-Sep-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

firmware
(score: 0.627)

  Re: direct manipulation of bits in RCX registers using NQC

(...) Matt, There are a few ways you can program your RCX. The main choice is if you use the standard firmware, or not. The firmware is pretty much like Windows Operating System. If you use NQC & the standard firmware, you don't need to worry about (...) (19 years ago, 13-Sep-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

firmware
(score: 0.627)

  Re: Rotating through a four-bit nibble

(...) Why in the world wouldn't the firmware support shifting? The hardware (URL) certainly does>. Heh, using multiply and divide to simulate shifting is kind of backwards. (19 years ago, 22-Sep-05, to lugnet.robotics, FTX)

firmware
(score: 0.627)

  Re: Rotating through a four-bit nibble

(...) Kev (...) Nice to hear from another bit twiddler.... (...) I do find it ironic that the firmware suports bitwise AND and OR, but not XOR, and also not shifts. Gack! Well, at least we're not having to use loops to add things to themselves to (...) (19 years ago, 22-Sep-05, to lugnet.robotics, FTX)

firmware
(score: 0.627)

  Re: mindstorms RIS 2.0

They offered an upgrade from 1.0 to 1.5 that included new elements, new software / firmware, new constructopedia etc. As the hardware's the same, I'd be surprised if they don't offer a similar upgrade to 2.0. Haven't seen anything yet though. (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jun-01, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.general)

mindstorms, firmware
(score: 0.627)

  constants for NQC using firmware 0328

Hi All, Has anyone succedded using the SetSerialComm() Command with the constants as described in the NQC documentation (in the Extreme Mindstorms book as well, Dave are you listening ?) ? I tried today, but did'nt succeed. I tried it this way : (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

mindstorms, firmware
(score: 0.627)

  Re: Rotating through a four-bit nibble

(...) Understand what better? Binary math? No problems with that! By "backwards" I meant that multiplication and division by powers of 2 are usually changed to shift L/R by compilers. Also, I am amused that because the firmware doesn't use the (...) (19 years ago, 22-Sep-05, to lugnet.robotics, FTX)

firmware
(score: 0.626)

  Re: Rotating through a four-bit nibble

(...) BrickOS has mocked me from the horizon for some time, but there are two things that are holding me back: (a) Judging by the posts and what I've read, the learning curve seems awfully steep - especially since I'm on a Mac. (b) Rarely have I (...) (19 years ago, 22-Sep-05, to lugnet.robotics)

firmware
(score: 0.626)

  Re: mindstorms RIS 2.0

Oooo - I was about to go out and buy 1.5... Is there anyway to upgrade 1.5 to 2, without buying the whole new set? As in some kind of software / firmware only update? Cheers. "Jonathan Wilson" <jonwil@tpgi.com.au> wrote in message (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jun-01, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.general)

mindstorms, firmware
(score: 0.626)

  Re: Rotating through a four-bit nibble

(...) Both your 1st & 2nd solutions are very good; thanks to you and other posters to this thread for giving me a much better handle on binary manipulations, and solutions to this problem. In answer to an earlier question, speed is important (simple (...) (19 years ago, 22-Sep-05, to lugnet.robotics)

firmware
(score: 0.626)

  Re: time sampling under the rcx standard OS

Thank you Dick, for advicing me to switch to the faster firmware, I’m sure I need both a 1-millisecond basic clock, and the 128 power level capability. So I tried to download it from (URL) but it just appears as a text file, which I don’t know how (...) (19 years ago, 18-Sep-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

firmware
(score: 0.626)

  Re: Rotating through a four-bit nibble

(...) Well, your example has the nibble of interest in the middle of the register. Due to boundary conditions, it might be cheaper to have it in the least significant bits of the 16 bit register. In your example you are rotating by an aribtrary (...) (19 years ago, 21-Sep-05, to lugnet.robotics)

firmware
(score: 0.626)

  RCX to RCX NQC

One last email on this topic. There's new opcodes in the Swan firmware to support many data bytes in a single "mailbox" message. The standard firmware supports "mailbox" messages with a single byte parm. I found this very restrictive in building RCX (...) (19 years ago, 15-Sep-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

firmware
(score: 0.626)

  Re: direct manipulation of bits in RCX registers using NQC

(...) inside the RCX *directly*, not running programs layered on top of the standard firmware. And if you want to use NQC, you have to work within the limits of the standard firmware (OK, ignoring Dick Swan's firmware, which I've still not been able (...) (19 years ago, 13-Sep-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

firmware
(score: 0.626)

  Re: time sampling under the rcx standard OS

(...) Sorry, I didn't explain. This program only aims at checking the loop frequency capability of the rcx firmware, implementing a PWM. The rotation sensor is only used as a potentiometer knob, allowing me to determine by hand the PWM pulse as (...) (19 years ago, 19-Sep-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

firmware
(score: 0.626)

More:  Next Page >>