  Search Results: Mindstorms redownload firmware
 Results 21 – 40 of about 14000.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Help with 9738 LEGO Mindstorms Remote Control

Dave's reply is right on the mark, but I also want to point out that if you have downloaded a non-MindStorms O.S. to the RCX (i.e. any firmware other than the standard LEGO MindStorms firmware) the remote might not work either. I haven't tried any (...) (25 years ago, 12-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

mindstorms, firmware
(score: 3.017)

  [FAQ: MindStorms, version mrob19990712]

So far I have answered all the questions except the programming section, section 3. Feedback is welcome. LEGO MindStorms FAQ version 19990712, by Robert Munafo Based on outline originally submitted to LUGNET by Kerry Garrison (kerryg@deltanet.com) (...) (25 years ago, 13-Jul-99, to lugnet.faq)

mindstorms, firmware
(score: 3.017)

  RE: Firmware file version?

(...) Way back when, I think I remember Dave Baum posting a note to the effect that the firmware checksum calculation stops around 0xCC00, which is where the firmware variables live. The old firmware was smaller than this, but the new firmware image (...) (24 years ago, 16-Dec-00, to lugnet.robotics)

mindstorms, firmware
(score: 3.017)

  RE: 8450 Mission / Cybermaster expansion

(...) No, the OPCODES are interpreted by the firmware, not the ROM code. The only thing hat was decoded (AFAIK) was the MindStorms firmware. And it was only decoded because incidentally it was in a separate file in the MindStorms CD, perfectly (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

mindstorms, firmware
(score: 3.017)

  Firmware w/o CD

Hi all, Got a dumb question: Is there a way to download the firmware to the RCX without using the lego mindstorms CD? I run NT 4.0 and can't install/use the new 1.5 CD. Since I plan on using NQC, I didn't think not being able to use the CD would be (...) (25 years ago, 29-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

mindstorms, firmware
(score: 3.017)

  Re: RCX replacment firmware

Hi Chris, leJOS is not an irreversible step, nor is legOS or pbForth or even Lego's default firmware. The firmware is stored in battery-backed RAM, so you can download different firmwares as much as you like. Look for an article about leJOS in (...) (24 years ago, 28-Dec-00, to lugnet.robotics)

mindstorms, firmware
(score: 3.016)

  Re: Where is the Firmware?

Mindstorms is firm\Firm0309.lgo This is on your MindStorms Disk. -- Bob Fay rfay@we.mediaone.net The Shop (URL) Nostrand" <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> wrote in message news:l03130307b486aa...42.230]... (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

mindstorms, firmware
(score: 3.016)

  Alternate NXT-Firmware flashing tools

Hi NXT-Community, I'm searching for an alternate firmware flashing tool for the NXT... Using the Lego Mindstorms Software is an easy way to do this, but not available for my favorite operating systems. I've tried fwflash from libnxt, but without (...) (17 years ago, 25-Jul-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt.nxthacking)

mindstorms, firmware
(score: 3.016)

  Re: Help with 9738 LEGO Mindstorms Remote Control

(...) Robolab uses the same firmware as Mindstorms RIS, so the remote should work fine. Same goes for NQC. (...) You can write programs in NQC (also in RCX Code or Robolab) that respond to IR Messages. These messages can be sent from another RCX, (...) (25 years ago, 13-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

mindstorms, firmware
(score: 3.015)

  firmware sucks

Hi Everyone, I have been having issues with firmware, wondering if you can help. I have tried to download the stupid firmware from my mindstorms CD about 50 times. It starts out okay, and then does not finish. Gives a message about putting the Rcx (...) (24 years ago, 5-Dec-00, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

mindstorms, firmware
(score: 3.015)

  firmware upload with NQC...

first off, i'm using NQC with Linux. when i try to upload the firmware image from the MindStorms CD-ROM, i get the following: [kjs@localhost nqc_lnx_2_0_2]# ./nqc -firmware ../FIRM0309.LGO Downloading firmware:... Problem talking to IR device the (...) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

mindstorms, firmware
(score: 3.014)

  Re: Mindstorms su Dev

(...) Mi son procurato la rivista qui in azienda e ho letto gli articoli. Mi sono fermato alla programmazione in Forth e ovviamente non ho nemmeno cominciato a leggere l'articolo riguardante legOS, per ovvi limiti di conoscenza ed esperienze finora (...) (23 years ago, 12-Jun-01, to lugnet.loc.it)

mindstorms, firmware
(score: 3.014)

  Re: firmdl3 on Winnt - no more problems!

(...) NQC sends a command over the IR to what it expects to be the stock Mindstorms firmware. I know the `-d' option always reports the battery voltage so that may be it. In any case, it's not a problem, just ignore it. In my experience `nqc (...) (25 years ago, 18-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

mindstorms, firmware
(score: 3.014)

  Re: Connecting to RCX

(...) Communication with the RCX looks fine, but the RCX is refusing to change the program. This is exactly what would happen if no firmware was loaded. Are you sure you have firmware installed? With firmware, the display will look like this "00.00 (...) (24 years ago, 17-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

mindstorms, firmware
(score: 3.014)

  Re: Mindstorms 3.0 Wish List

(...) The one thing I would say about this is that anyone who has ever tried to write replacement firmware, or who has programmed in BrickOS/LegOS has encountered situations where the RCX has become completely locked up due to a programming error. (...) (21 years ago, 7-Nov-03, to lugnet.robotics)

mindstorms, firmware
(score: 3.013)

  lego firmware multitasking?

Since I bought my mindstorms in 1998 I've been primarily using LegOS rather then the standard firmware. Now I'm helping coach a class for kids and we are required to use the standard firmware and GUI programming. I've been having trouble (...) (22 years ago, 27-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

mindstorms, firmware
(score: 3.013)

  Clearing the firmware

Hi, I've just installed LegOS 0.2.5 and its working great! However, I'd like to temporarily put the original lego firmware back on. How do I erase the legOS firmware so that the ROM bootstrap code will permit the Mindstorms software to download its (...) (24 years ago, 14-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

mindstorms, firmware
(score: 3.013)

  Re: RCX Replacement Firmware - Performance Testing Results

This message summarizes performance testing of the replacement firmware compared to the Lego standard firmware. Several different NQC programs were downloaded from the web and their performance measured. Results were normalized so that Lego firmware (...) (20 years ago, 11-Nov-04, to lugnet.robotics)

mindstorms, firmware
(score: 3.013)

  Re: Why java is (not) bad for Mindstorms

(...) TLG must provide software (firmware) that's "Bullet-Proof" for kids. (most of their users) I prefer a faster version of the firmware, which is why I use BrickOS. These appear mutually exclusive. Is that different from what you're talking (...) (19 years ago, 23-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)

mindstorms, firmware
(score: 3.013)

  Re: firmware & NQC - free?

Yes, it is available here (URL) (along with a firmware download program - this one is Windows only) Philo www.philohome.com (...) (23 years ago, 13-Feb-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)