 Robotics / 13495
RE: Firmware file version?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 16 Dec 2000 16:58:25 GMT

Does anyone know what the checksum is for downloading firm0328.lgo (the
checksum to pass to the RCX begin-download call)?

I've been doing some experimenting with firmware downloading.  While my
code comes up with 0xc278 with firm0309.lgo (the correct value), something
isn't working  with firm0328.lgo.  It'd help to know what the "right"
checksum is so I can see what's going wrong in the code.

Way back when, I think I remember Dave Baum posting a note to the effect
that the firmware checksum calculation stops around 0xCC00, which is
where the firmware variables live.

The old firmware was smaller than this, but the new firmware image is
larger (I think).

I need to address this as pbForth grows new features, although I'm not
quite there yet!

Cheers,

Ralph Hempel - P.Eng

<http://www.hempeldesigngroup.com/lego/pbForth>

Buy "Extreme Mindstorms: an Advanced Guide to Lego Mindstorms"
<http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1893115844/hempeldesigngrou>
Reply to:      rhempel at bmts dot com