  Search Results: Mindstorms redownload firmware
 Results 1601 – 1620 of about 14000.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Motor Control Register (0xf000) and Memory Space 0xFDB0-0xFD7F

This note is of interest to people who build their own RCX firmware. It provides some additiional insight to the recent post concerning dual use of upper memory range and the motor control register. There's a trade-off between real time performance (...) (22 years ago, 1-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

firmware
(score: 1.778)

  Re: How advanced can RCX programming be?

(...) Depends how hard you want to work. With LegOS or pbForth, which replace the official firmware, you can program the hardware at the machine level, so you can do very advanced stuff. With NQC (or RoboLab) you're still limited by Lego's firmware, (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics)

firmware
(score: 1.778)

  Re: Connecting to RCX

(...) I was fairly certain it had the "00.00" and the person - I can't guarantee the 00.00 bit but I know it has the standing person which changes to a walking person when you select a program and press run. (I also assumed that if it got to that (...) (24 years ago, 17-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

firmware
(score: 1.778)

  RE: legOS

(...) I don't think TLG has much to gain by trying to stop replacement software/firmware for RCX. However it seems much more likely that they would try to prevent the use of the name "lego" in legOS. I used to work for a company that had a very (...) (26 years ago, 30-Nov-98, to lugnet.robotics)

firmware
(score: 1.778)

  Re: SPIRIT SetSensorMode "slope" parameter

(...) This is buried in the ROM, not the firmware. In particular, it is buried in 14c0, byte read_sensor (short code, sensorstruct *sensor). I didn't bother to decode this function in detail since most of its functionality can be inferred from the (...) (26 years ago, 9-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)

firmware
(score: 1.778)

  Re: FLASHING LIGHT ON LCD PANEL?

(...) The simplest solution is to reload the firmware. You can use the Lego software to do this. I'm almost positive you can reset if from inside NQC, but since I don't use NQC, I can't give you sample code. -Kekoa (26 years ago, 19-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

firmware
(score: 1.778)

  Re: Several RCX/Mac Q's

(...) NQC/MPW crashed whenever it tried to communicate with the rcx (downloading firmware, programs, etc). But now that I have disabled Virex 5.9, it's working like a gem. Thanks for the help. (26 years ago, 5-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics)

firmware
(score: 1.778)

  Re: Scout vs RIS and reverse engineering and Byte Codes

Does the Scout have firmware? I'm not aware of any being downloaded to the brick. Mike Ralph Hempel <rhempel@bmts.com> wrote in message news:000201bf3858$7f...@pro150... (...) me (...) This (...) (25 years ago, 26-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

firmware
(score: 1.778)

  Re: NQC wishlist

(...) IMho, the best thing which could be made is a firmware replacement, backward compatible with standard bytecodes (and thus with nqc) with all the new features needed being added as new bytecodes... But who will do that? :-) Phil (25 years ago, 5-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

firmware
(score: 1.778)

  NQC or P-Brick script?

Hello! I just bough RIS1.5 and updated firmware to 0301.0326, so I guess it is essentially RIS2.0. I played around with the pscript and it seems to be pretty nice, but I also noticed that NQC beta release claims to support RIS2.0. So I was wandering (...) (24 years ago, 11-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

firmware
(score: 1.778)

  Re: How2 'count' in NQC

In lugnet.robotics, Jerry Kalpin writes: [SNIP] (...) There is an EDGE mode available through the firmware that only counts transitions between pressed and non-pressed (actually some raw threshold value if I remember correctly) states. This sensor (...) (24 years ago, 3-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics)

firmware
(score: 1.778)

  Re: Rotational Sensor & Gearing Down

How fast is too fast? I'm using the firmware from version 1.0 (...) (24 years ago, 23-Jan-01, to lugnet.robotics)

firmware
(score: 1.778)

  Re: Re-work of my CN Train Engine

(...) Ok, I'll bring those. Is Firmware the software that you first install on the RCX? Chances are I don't have it on the brick cuz it's been battery-less for quite a while. And I'm guessing that the train power adapter will power the RCX right? (...) (23 years ago, 1-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

firmware
(score: 1.778)

  NQC SendMessage to legOS successful!

I hacked legOS and make NQC sending standard firmware message to legOS, you an see the test legOS and NQC program as below, NQC program send a random message and display it, legOS program receives that message and display it. But I can't implement (...) (23 years ago, 28-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

firmware
(score: 1.778)

  Re: Programming, NQC and the RCX

(...) the (...) Well RCX 2.0 firmware give you 32 global+16 local variables, according to NQC docs. LegOS should give you a lot more freedom in memory usage, but I haven't try that yet. For the X project, I plan to use bit manipulation to store all (...) (23 years ago, 10-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

firmware
(score: 1.778)

  Re: intro and question

I'd suggest you stick with something that uses the "standard" firmware. That basically limits you to Robolab, the Lego software, Gordon's Brick Programmer or NQC (I think). Gordon's Brick Programmer might be a handy few hour adventure into what all (...) (22 years ago, 1-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics)

firmware
(score: 1.778)

  Re: NQC's future

(...) NQC is a language/compiler which works with the standard LEGO firmware(s). I don't anticipate that ever changing. But here's a glimpse of something new for the Spybot target that might be interesting to NQC users. Would 256 (or 128, if you (...) (21 years ago, 10-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

firmware
(score: 1.778)

  help

Ciao spero che qualcuno possa aiutarmi... Sto cercando di scaricare il firmware sul mio nuovo rcx 2.0 ho provato più volte ma la trasmissione si interrompe sempre (mai allo stesso punto) e il programma sul PC si blocca??? qualcuno di Voi più esperti (...) (20 years ago, 17-Jan-05, to lugnet.org.it.itlug)

firmware
(score: 1.778)

  sensor defined variable

well, i have the rcx 1.0 but the firmware is 2.0 or it should be :) i installed it some time ago why am i getting that then? r (...) (20 years ago, 13-Apr-05, to lugnet.robotics)

firmware
(score: 1.778)

  Re: direct manipulation of bits in RCX registers using NQC

(...) Perhaps - but the standard firmware implements a "virtual machine", and so you don't generally have access to physical registers. But... (...) You can configure the input port that the light sensor is connected to as a "passive" sensor (so (...) (19 years ago, 13-Sep-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

firmware
(score: 1.778)

More:  Next Page >>