 Robotics / 889
RE: legOS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 30 Nov 1998 22:06:46 GMT

What's the real issue here?  What are we afraid Lego will do?

I don't think TLG has much to gain by trying to stop replacement
software/firmware for RCX.  However it seems much more likely that
they would try to prevent the use of the name "lego" in legOS.

I used to work for a company that had a very close relationship with
TLG, and we wanted to use the name "lego" in a product we were going
to ship.  Lawyers from TLG refused to let us use it even when we
offered to pay for the name.  Their reasoning was that because the
product was out of their control they could not assure quality of it,
and they did not want consumers to think TLG was associated with the
product.

-Allen