 Robotics / 13043
Re: How2 'count' in NQC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 3 Nov 2000 18:01:10 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Jerry Kalpin writes:
[SNIP]
What bothers me is that I think there must be a way to
de-bounce a switch (1 count per actuation) without 15 or 20 statements.

There is an EDGE mode available through the firmware that only counts
transitions between pressed and non-pressed (actually some raw threshold
value if I remember correctly) states.  This sensor mode with appropriate
adjustments to the SLOPE parameter may be all you need to debounce the
switch. PULSE Mode may also be of benefit to you depending on your
application, as it counts the number of periods.

Best Regards,

Richard

email: richard at webbox dot com