  *97673 (-20)
  Re: Ldlite for OpenGL and Linux (and uppercase filenames)

Steve: (...) Now that I know it is possible to unpack ARJ files on Linux, I think it is better that we stick to that format, and don't start spending time on additional formats until it becomes neccesary. (...) No. (...) You are completely correct (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jan-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: a name for "castle world"

Hi Pawel and Craig! I think this whole Idea is great! Excellent work Pawel! Might even inspire me to put something together finally... You might want to consider Danish words that mean "Land of Castles" or "World of Castles" or perhaps Latin. This (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Can we have a Newsgroup for KIDLUG?

(...) (24 years ago, 22-Jan-00, to lugnet.org)

  Re: Ldlite for OpenGL and Linux (and uppercase filenames)

Leonardo: (...) I don't know what I have been doing earlier, because I just did as Leonardo told me to (and I thought I had tried already), and it worked very well. I can add the information that unarj on Red Hat Linux unpacks the LDraw archive with (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jan-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: a name for "castle world"

(...) Hi Craig, Pawel and everyone, DixieLUG? What's that? Anyhow, here are some silly ideas from toying around with the names: Castland (Castle land) Castlego (castle lego) Castles of Kings Kings and Queens of Lego Dreams These are just premature (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New mod to double decker passenger train

(...) LOL That's funny that you used "Tonka", because the Tonka factory is only a few miles from where I live (I taken kids there for factory tours). The factory is in a suburb called "Minnetonka". Perhaps now you can see where they got their (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8445 - Gone!!!

(...) According to a friend who spoke with someone at LEGO Consumer Affairs a couple weeks ago, it was actually _recalled_ in the U.S. (at S@H & LIC, not retailers) due to a legal issue: the accidental unlicensed use of "Indy"[1] in the set's (U.S.) (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jan-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New mod to double decker passenger train

(...) Funny you should mention 10. I started work last night on a 14 wide box car scaled to Belvillians and using G scale wheels. I custom built the trucks out of LEGO, but will need to <gasp> glue a few pieces in order to hold the wheels in place (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BRICKS going offline soon, probably for good

(...) Mike, Even though I did not use this site as a seller and only occasionally looked at it from a buyer's point-of-view, I was impressed by what I saw. This was a well-done site and you had a more than generous policy regarding selling there. (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

  a name for "castle world"

hi y'all! pawel is here at my house for the DixieLUG meeting, and we've been scheming up plans for the mutual castle storylines site. we need a name for the site! ~"castle world" sounds ok at this point, but we'd like to hear some more ideas if (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Piece count of mib Samsonite set.

Hi All Can someone advise where and how to get piece counts for sets onto a site that everyone can access. I just picked up a really nice Samsonite set from the early 70's MIB and have written a list of the contents. The set number is 005 and it (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Defense Archer at TCS!

(...) Yes The Construction Site will ship (at least in the US). Call them with a CC number. Their tele numb is on their site: (URL) Ben Gatrelle (remove the spam dot from the yellowcastle to reply) (24 years ago, 22-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos)

  Re: "If it were my toy company..."

Lawrence Wilkes wrote: <snip> (...) That may be true, but I think many non-AFOL parents (who played with Lego as children) would buy the re-released classic sets "for their kids." It might even bring alot of people out of their dark ages. --Colin __ (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Info / possible WTB grey loose link chain

Thanks, Lindsay! I'll probably have to get a hold of you... I haven't figured out how I am going to cut them and reconnect them cleanly. Dave (...) WalMart (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: 2951 repost

When looking at this part in LDLITE, it appears to me that a lower section of the cylinder and the disc (but not the edge) is missing. Does it look like that to you, too? Fredrik (24 years ago, 22-Jan-00, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Stone Tower Bridge FOUND

I don't know if this is the message that you are referring to, but under Wal-Mart Lego Surprise and adventure (1/7/00) someone asked if anyone had found a stone tower bridge for under $39. Rose Mr L F Braun wrote in message (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Has anyone inventoried the 8445 yellow race car yet?

Let us know! I need to build some V8's and could use some extra cylinders! Dave (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jan-00, to lugnet.db.inv)

  Attention Lego Group: Children don't like juniorization, either!

On Sat, 22 Jan 2000, Colin R Gutierrez (<3889BCC1.3C57@ultra.ccp.com>) wrote at 14:20:49 (...) Well, not *entirely*, as a BURP only has one wall/side, and is hollow. This makes it more like the thin wall elements, which look like bricks on the (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: The Challenge (was Re: Train Control)

On Sat, 22 Jan 2000, James Powell (<Foqo64.7Ax@lugnet.com>) wrote at 13:30:04 (...) Or you could use magic, and do it with mirrors :-) (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New mod to double decker passenger train

On Sat, 22 Jan 2000, Larry Pieniazek (<3889AFA6.279A1D8F@...ager.net>) wrote at 13:24:54 (...) The latter, I'm afraid :-) I don't think John's cheating: just playing to a different set of rules. I must confess to the attraction of 8 wide. Although (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

Skipped 1 message in group lugnet.off-topic.debate (Skip-filter settings)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact