  *92060 (-20)
  Re: Motor output multiplexing

I used some basic parts (relays, resistor, wire, lego bricks & connectors) give the RCX basic switching ability. An IN is switched between two OUTS. The input can be connected to either an RCX input or output, depending on if you want to switch (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Has any one else noticed this lately?

(...) Nope.(1) However, I would consider it fair to go to CA, and offer to pay them for the missing parts. (assuming I thought the missing parts were worth it - otherwise, I'd just drop it). James (URL) then, I'm the kind of freak that corrects a (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: NFPA article

(...) I bet. And it worked so WELL, from what I heard, that they dumpstered hundreds of RIS's after their fire. :-) Was the article written before or after the fire? (25 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: 2 Motors -> 1 axle

(...) I agree. I just rebuilt the backend of a 8428 "2010 Buggy" which I bought to be a small robot chassis (big mistake!). The original used a 24t crown gear to drive a 16t idler (mounted on an offset axle in a 1x2 2-hole beam secured by 2x2 (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Help Me......

Good advice on how to get inspiration. I'd also offer that you should try some exercises to stretch your thinking. One good one I like is to grab a random handful of parts (not too many, not all the same, not ones you picked out, just random) and (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego a hit with Fresno Model Railroaders!

Thats pretty cool Mike, I've been thinking about going to one of the meetings of the Piedmont Division which is the NMRA chapter in Atlanta. But I wasn't to sure how they would respond to the LEGO trains. Maybe I'll be inspired by your actions and (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Space stations?

(...) Works better how? (25 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Has any one else noticed this lately?

(...) Agreed, CA is swell. But my question to you is, you asked for a discount and got it. Was that just to cover the hassle of getting the replacement parts? Or did you argue that because there were parts missing, you should get a discount for the (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Space stations?

HEY! What's going on? Why does a space station have to be some butt-ugly assembly of modules? I think a space station, ship, etc. should be designed and built as a single unit. It looks so much better that way, and it works better that way too. Z (25 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: What a bunch of minifigs

(...) approach (...) This is the previously listed Luke in Jungle Guerilla Uniform. I think Steve's list is complete. (...) Eric Kingsley The New England LEGO Users Group (URL) (25 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Review - 8002 - Star Wars Destroyer Droid

In lugnet.starwars, Keith Blumenthal writes: I put together the Destroyer Droid last night. I'm a good builder and (...) Four and a half hours!?!? Wow, that's massive. I can't wait to get the Droid, it looks like the sweetest set yet. Joel (25 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Calling all FansOf CW lego (was Re: Civil War Theme)

(...) I (...) Sorry my reply took soooooo long, this discusion got out of hand. I currently (in my WW set-up, mid 1870's for me) have a left-over confederate. I use drk grey legs, drk grey torso (ADVENTURE's 1999 bad guy), a union soldier type face (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.western, lugnet.general)

  Re: Do you build sets you buy for parts?

Let me tell you how it works with us younger modelers... whenever I but a Lego set, I ALWAYS build the first (main) model in the instructions, even if it's some small useless set. It simply interestsme to see how all the parts are working together, (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: A new pirate ship.

"the top London commercial firm Waite, Fidget and Doolittle" hahaha, great stuff. -- Paul Davidson Richard Parsons <rparsons@hinet.net.au> wrote in message news:FnwvCu.Hx7@lugnet.com... (...) a (...) high (...) used (...) still (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Technic Box #2

(...) Depends on the size of the box at the time but a fair upper bound is somewhere in the 5-8 dollar range (8 is enough for a pretty BIG box) for the mail itself. Insurance adds about 2 bucks, and delivery conf (so it's sort of trackable) 35 (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)

  RE: Motor output multiplexing

I have built two prototypes of an output demux. I take the three outputs as BCD, run each through a diode bridge, filter cap, and current limiting resistor to tickle the base of an NPN transistor. Use the output of the three transistors to drive a (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  [WTB] - Grey parts pack (er, ah.. Sith infiltrator) in bulk

I just got back from a business trip to Detroit and I hit a number of Targets. I was happy to see the level of interest by the GP in our fair brick. Wish I had more of those Lugnet cards to hand out but I did maybe get us some new readers. I got a (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Do you build sets you buy for parts?

(...) I'm not sure. There seem to be quite a few people who do both, also. I'm a "sets are parts packs for my MOCs" kinda guy, though. I think the only sets that are staying assembled right now on my shelf are 6067 Guarded Inn, 928 Galaxy Explorer, (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: awfully quiet here.

(...) other (...) A-Wing) (...) make (...) (or (...) 2 (...) Baylit ((URL) sells these individually for $3 each ... their stock of them isn't that big yet, though. (...) like (...) inner (...) clips - (...) That's a cool idea...I like the robotic (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: What a bunch of minifigs

(...) If small variations count... (...) -->Luke Skywalker in Jedi Black w/black glove (speeder bikes) -->Luke Skywalker in Jedi Black w/no glove (desert skiff) <snipped bulk of list> James (URL) (25 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact