  *86549 (-20)
  Re: Web Hosting Questions?

(...) I'm using (URL) to host my domains. My cost is less than 10 dollars a month for a shell access account, cheaper if you only want an ftp access account. A number of folks use pair to host, including lugnet. Paul (URL) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.org, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: ldraw.org General Update, Added Press & Awards

(...) Replying to my own post, ugg.... Just forgot to mention that Tom Burger is to thank for the minifig images. Thanks Tom!! -Tim Courtney ldraw.org Project Coordinator (URL) timcourtne ICQ: 23951114 (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Minitalia Lego sets (from Italy)

(...) That is so weird! That is so cool. I wonder what the story behind this line is. I mean, why the differences in the construction of the bricks? Why change from the tubes-and-studs brick to something else for this line? -- jthompson@esker.com (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Who is the oldest AFOL?

(...) Hey Ray you got me by a couple of years I will be 44 in July John (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.people)

  ldraw.org General Update, Added Press & Awards

I just finished doing some general housekeeping updates to ldraw.org, as well as adding a new Press & Awards section. This section will feature press articles which have been written about LDraw/ldraw.org and awards the site has won (only one of (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Who is the oldest AFOL?

(...) Clairol, IIRC -John (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.people)

  Web Hosting Questions?

Hi All, I’m planning to lock-in a club www.gfltc.org address and I know it will cost $70 (first two years). But what about the Web Hosting part, there are companies that charge by the month and by the year. I also guess there maybe company or two (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.org, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Mindstorms 1.5 vs 1.0 Inventory

Jason M Normand wrote in message ... (...) from (...) I don't have the new RIS, but I know that the 1.5 version of the RCX comes withOUT the 9v adapter connector. That's the only difference in the RCX itself that I know about. Can't tell you about (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.db.inv)

  Lighting LEGOLAND California

Just bumped into this. "Electrical Contractor," (a trade mag)'s November 1999 cover story is about wiring Legoland California. Pretty interesting to read. The audience for the article is not of the LEGO fan kind, so it's strictly business. There are (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.legoland.california)

  Re: GATS Tampa Show...

(...) lol Yes and No. Yes, of course, because they *are* LEGO, BUT <hell> no, because if one of us did the *exact same thing* LEGO did, we (it) would be called impure. A kind of paradox, but the life of an AFOL isn't always explicable, either;-) (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains)

  New LEgo Sets In WV!

Hay all, Just writing to inform you that the 2000 Star Was Lego Sets are out in the Walmart near me in WV. I live in Morgantown, WV, about 5 miles south of the PA border. My mom "secretly" bought the B-Wing and the A-Wing for me for Christmas. Four (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Arctic Bonus Set 6569

Rob Doucette wrote in message ... (...) Do these have stickers or preprinted pieces? Mike - mike_walsh@mindspring.com (URL) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.town)

  Toys R Us....right

After 25 days of "in warehouse" order status tonite, the status came up as "order delayed".....great. Hope the rest who have ordered from them get what they requested. In my opinion, TRU can now keep running an online service, and I hope it (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Who is the oldest AFOL?

Oh well, I think I'm up there at 45. Not the oldest tho, I remember someone was a little north of 50. Ray (only my hairdresser knows for sure) [1] [1] tag line from an old TV comemrcial (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.people)

  Re: Who is the oldest AFOL?

(...) I don't particularly know myself, and even you have me beat (I'm 17). But I do remember reading years ago in a Lego club magazine (either Mania or the old Brick Kicks) about a ~72 year old AFOL, though I don't believe he's involved in the (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.people)

  Re: CLSOTW voting

Funny, I found the same for my site. Last yr from Sept98 till July99 my site drew over 10000 unique hits. I have updated my counter, and since July 99, I have rec'd 2900 hits - but yet I have not received any CLSOTW nominations. I kinda thought my (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Scooby Doo Lego

I seen the commercials for this before the contest. It was given away during a Scooby Doo maraton that the cartoon network had a while ago I believe. Troy R2 <r2eng@primenet.com> wrote in message news:Fn0JoM.1uJ@lugnet.com... (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Why not wait

Sproaticus wrote in message <385FC6FB.935AB6F4@io.com>... (...) Processed. (...) I couldn't stand the Ewok song. I admit, I got caught up in the hype and listend to that song over and over on AM radio when it first came out, but when I heard it in (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Arctic Bonus Set 6569

Not a bad set (actually 2) for $10 (WalMart) The box: (URL) 1 6578 (URL) 2 6586 (URL) 2 art on back of instruction sheet, neato! (URL) part assortment for the money, 2 Kenny's, polar bear, frozen spider, steamed scorpion (looks like my Adventurers (...) (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.town)

  Who is the oldest AFOL?

This came up before on RTL a long time ago if I remember correctly. Who is the oldest AFOL around here? I'm 22 but there are much older AFOLs around here. So who is the oldest? --Dan (25 years ago, 22-Dec-99, to lugnet.people)

Skipped 5 messages in groups lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.off-topic.pun (Skip-filter settings)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact