  *85558 (-20)
  Re: Policy clarification regarding catalogs

(...) I have to agree wholeheartedly with Tom. When done right -- and it's rare -- the benefits of frames do outweigh the drawbacks, IMO. Check out Joshua Delahunty's review archive if you've never seen a site that does frames right. Joshua gives (...) (25 years ago, 19-Dec-99, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: Minifig box 2 :)

(...) I got this box from Tom yesterday, and traded about a dozen or so figures - took out mostly western types, put in original Blacktron (2 or 3) and some town people. Fixed a broken bike and added an extra one, as well as a few other accessories. (...) (25 years ago, 19-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)

  2000 sets

I have hear a lot of talk about how much dislike there is towards the 2000 line of LEGO. I just wanted to put my two cents in. I now have the Technic Pit Droid, The Flash Speeder, The Desert Skiff, and The B-wing. I think that the B-wing is one of (...) (25 years ago, 19-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Enough already

(...) Hear, hear! IMHO, all of this backlash is ridiculous. The LEGO Company is being *extremely* generous in allowing scans of any their copyrighted materials up on websites *at all*[1]. Yet, all some people can do is complain that they aren't (...) (25 years ago, 19-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: making your own LEGO parts

(...) The nearest 'practical' equivalent I can think of, are the 'micro' CNC milling machines, these allow surfaces to be very accurately milled, and start at anout 10000 dollars. I have access to one used for making 'one off' prototypes of stuff, (...) (25 years ago, 19-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Futaba or Hitec servos

(...) As always with the "what is better" question, I must ask... What do you mean by "better"? They will operate the same, I think they have the same cable pinout. The Hitec ones are cheaper usually, but a little larger for the same specs. At the (...) (25 years ago, 19-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Exploration Mars missing?

(...) Absolutely. Together with the long delays on delivery dates, and the mysterious 'disappearance' that has now taken place, this makes a product that is exactly in this spirit... (25 years ago, 19-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: hex values (was: Re: Loader)

Michael, I can understand the need to use hex to define custom (non-TLC produced) colors, and I'm sure that you'll find a way to fix this. What I'd like to know is why the transparent versions of the standard colors are now saved in this manner. Now (...) (25 years ago, 19-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Tallest LEGO structure...?

My wife recently gave me the DK 'The Ultimate LEGO Book' as an early Christmas gift. I seem to remember there being talk of what the largest LEGO structure is. On page 73 There is a 'tower' being put together by a crane in August of 1988. It was (...) (25 years ago, 19-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: broken motor

(...) Oh, that's fine. But the suggestion was that he try to get a free one as a spare. (25 years ago, 19-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Policy clarification regarding catalogs

(...) No, they are not. One cannot give a URL to take a person directly, one has to quote navigation path. That's bogus. Followups to .publish, this is a pet peeve of mine that I have expounded on there before. (...) (25 years ago, 19-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Ebay - On the rise, indeed

Pawel Nazarewicz wrote in message ... <snip Todd's answer to rhetorical question> (...) miniscule (...) e-bay (...) days. (...) it (...) (as he (...) up (...) that be (...) and (...) The purpose of my belated post is to answer the question Pawel (...) (25 years ago, 19-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Loader)

(...) I suggest defining the custom colors the way LDLite does, ie: 0 COLOR ... That way, you can still use the color numbers in the .dat lines so that the file will still work in LDraw and LEdit, except that the colors will be off. --Bram Bram (...) (25 years ago, 19-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: OMR Planning - Almost There

(...) Maybe that's where the model editors would come in. But it's a headache nonetheless. (...) I was thinking along the lines of people impersonating others. But there are probably other rules too... (...) I was thinking that if you want ldraw.org (...) (25 years ago, 19-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Transparent Yellow -- dead or alive?

(...) Seems like trans. yellow (amber) pieces have been used as the lights on vehicles within the past year or two. I have vague memories of 1x1 amber tiles. -- jthompson@esker.com "Float on a river, forever and ever, Emily" (25 years ago, 19-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: New site for the NGLTC

Robin, Yeah I'll have to see what I can do. I tried to make it to the Tampa show, matter of fact I was in Tampa all this past week, but had to come home before the weekend. I was really trying to find an excuse to stay over the weekend. Good luck (...) (25 years ago, 19-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Ebay - On the rise, or ... ?

Mike Poindexter wrote in message ... (...) past (...) Thats amazing! I like 'em! Speaking of #1, I still relish the fact that I was the first person to have an auction end in that category back in April (or was it May?) Kinda like a first post or (...) (25 years ago, 19-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: MLCad wishlist (was Re: Ice Cream

(...) LDraw (...) I like it very much thank-you. (...) I think that: 1) The file format should be .mlc to retain 8.3 compatibility for those of us who are used to it. 2) You should not have to export the file to save as a DAT. Simply make DAT an (...) (25 years ago, 19-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Availability of new castle?

(...) Roboforce, Star Wars, and Wild West ("Indian") minifigs also have printing on their legs. Both Spyrius and Islander were introduced in 1994, so I think they share the honor of being first to introduce decorated legs. I suppose it's going to (...) (25 years ago, 19-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: FOTY!!!...!!!

Congratulations! I wish I could find something similar, in Space, but somehow, everyone seem to know how valuable old space stuff are... --Tobias (...) married (...) So (...) Then (...) (25 years ago, 19-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact