 Robotics / Handy Board / 7229
Re: Futaba or Hitec servos
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sun, 19 Dec 1999 16:31:09 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.handyboard, "Mar, Ericson" <ericson.mar@csfb.com> writes:
Hello,

Which ones are better?  Advantages/Disadvantages
Are there any alternatives that operate the same way?
Please share some experience.

  As always with the "what is better" question, I must ask...  What do you mean
by "better"?

  They will operate the same, I think they have the same cable pinout.  The
Hitec ones are cheaper usually, but a little larger for the same specs.  At
the low end ($10-$20 range) there is no performance difference.  There are
about 10 companies that make servos.  My only caveats are that the Hobbyco ones
are crap.  The rest seem to be quality products.

DLC